Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Original or fake?

Article about: Your opinions? My main concern is the crown shape. It seems to be of the 1989-1991 style even though it's dated "82" on the label for 1982. Though it could be a result of the cap b

Default Original or fake?

Your opinions?

My main concern is the crown shape. It seems to be of the 1989-1991 style even though it's dated "82" on the label for 1982. Though it could be a result of the cap being a custom tailored general cap.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Original or fake?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Original or fake?

Although I'm not very vocal on this forum (I mostly look around) and I am in no way an experienced expert but this cap looks completely fine to me. Very good condition general's field visor cap. It has everything a general's cap should have, correct side buttons, leather interior sweatband/shield even with it's adjustment tape! Crown shape looks fine to me as far as I know.

A further thing to add! If you look at the "Under the Red Star" site (which I consider to be a pretty reliable source.) These field caps for generals were introduced in 1970.

Under the Red Star - Army Caps

Thanks for your response. And yes I've been scouring that site since forever. XD Although it doesn't say much about the crown size regarding general caps of this period (or at least I must have missed it).

Compare the crown angles in this image. All caps belong to the same uniform period regulations. The crowns all point towards an angle upwards but for the general field, it got disturbingly close to a 90 degree angle much like the Rus Fed ones. You can see how the officers equivalent of the field cap (the furthest one) differs so much.

All this got me kinda paranoid. Many post-1991 caps have the higher crown like the one in my general field cap. Thanks for clearing it up.

It's really hard for me to distinguish by photograph! I think it's OK personally. In a day or so perhaps I'll break out my field officer cap and give it a comparison look over.

Ah that won't be necessary. The crown thing is more about paranoia on my side. Thanks for the help!

Non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam!