Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Original SSH-36?

Article about: Hello everyone! I have come across this SSH-36 helmet and would like to know if it is authentic or not. The seller aid that the liner and chinstrap are 'replacements', but I don't know if th

Thanks, Marcel!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Original SSH-36?
    P
    Many

Quote by Jan View Post
    I agree with Emile. Probably a refurbished "Spanish used" one. Here are a couple of pictures of my French helmet probably re-used in the Spanish civil war. The liner is identical.

Best, Jan
    Hello Jan,

Your helmet is actually an Italian WW1 "Lippmann" helmet. Spanish used, as you say. The Italian improved copy of the French Adrian M15 helmet.

Nice one!

Cheers,
    Emile

Some lucky guy beat me at the last second and got away with it for $311.56. Lucky bastard!

Best advice for beginning collectors: don't be involved in bidding wars on Ebay. Stay away there and buy from respected dealers 'till you handled enough originals to buy confident elsewhere
    I've seen too many starting collectors quiting this hobby in an early stage because they never looked beyond Ebay.

Dom
    ?

It says "Leather liner considered as Spanish." Which in absolute terms does not mean much ...

Original SSH-36?

Knowing that there is a long time still many people argued that these liner were Russians, the time passes, the arguments change and the helmets remain.

Jan
    ?

Quote by emileverbunt View Post
    Hello Jan,

Your helmet is actually an Italian WW1 "Lippmann" helmet. Spanish used, as you say. The Italian improved copy of the French Adrian M15 helmet.

Nice one!

Cheers,
    Emile
    Wow thanks, learning more every day here bought this lid in Barcelona as a teenager and it´s mostly been lying in the closet since then.

I just remembered that I posted this helmet in 2010 and got the same answer from you back then must be losing my memory... Ade also sent this interesting link back then!

ESPAÑOL ADRIAN FRANCÉS

Best, Jan

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2