Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Is this a original SSH-36

Article about: Hello I want to buy this SSH-36 helmet I have only a relic and I want more It seem white overpainted I am thankful for all informations The seller can send me more pictures if you need them

Russian WW2 Helmets were so pupular like german helmets and were sold also as Fakes and Reproductions
    BR
    Bavarian
    Last edited by Bavarian; 02-10-2020 at 08:19 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Is this a original SSH-36
    P
    Many

Kind of like ship gray paint, but the fact that it is ssh36 makes it odd. But it is know that after the war, finnish navy used m38 hungarian, and some ssh40 helmets painted with similar color..

Like a M1 Shiphelmet
    It arrive tomorrow then I can post more pictures
    BR
    Bavarian

Finally it arrived
    It seem to be in size 3
    The colour seem grey/blue like navy
    The last picture is USN M1/ SSH-36
    BR
    Bavarian
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Is this a original SSH-36   Is this a original SSH-36  

Is this a original SSH-36   Is this a original SSH-36  

Quote by RobloxHelmets View Post
    Bavarian

It, in my opinion, probably real.
    I don't think anyone makes repro SSh36's

Regards,
    RobloxHelmets
    You can buy a repro Ssh36 for $80 on IMA-USA.com

Quote by PapaStalin1943 View Post
    You can buy a repro Ssh36 for $80 on IMA-USA.com
    However, I don't think someone would go through the trouble of weathering this, and painting this.

Quote by RobloxHelmets View Post
    However, I don't think someone would go through the trouble of weathering this, and painting this.
    Time to read a bit more into this and collecting militaria in general It happens A LOT that helmets are being painted and weathered to make them look like real. Same with canteens, gasmask canisters, ammo boxes etc etc. Fake cloth items are dug in for a while to make them look authentic. It happens all the time. This is militaria collecting we are talking about. EVERYTHING is being faked. High-end items and cheap items. One can not allow him/herself to be ignorant and believe everything nowadays. Buy the item and not the story. Militaria collecting is a fakers world and those collecting should be aware of this.

SSh 36 helmets are desirable to collectors and they are not cheap. They are faked heavily

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Quote by Marcel Banziger View Post
    I wonder why people buy when the seller is offering such crappy pics???
    These are mobile phone screen shots - it would be better to download the actual picture rather than this.
    It may be the picture is also of poor resolution too - but not possible to tell from a screenshot.
    nick

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast