Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Post war Soviet Ssh 40

Article about: I have had this helmet in my collection for a number of years and just recently unpacked it from storage with a few other helmets so I thought I would share a few pics . This Ssh-40 looks to

?

Thanks Jake I have a couple of Soviet post war helms but would like to add a war time dated one to my collection sometime soon.
    And yes a fairly late production stamp on this example so you are very probably correct just pre the issue of the Ssh-60.

Regards Mark

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Post war Soviet Ssh 40
    P
    Many

the numbers that are stamped into the metal with a number 1 - XXXXX is also an indication of the shell size, so if the ink stamp number is ever worn off you can still tell by those numbers stamped into the steel

?

Thanx BG good bit of info there I did not know about.

Regards Mark

?

Quote by kozowy1967 View Post
    Thanks Gary I have a Ssh-60 as well and will get around to posting it up soon they are such an Iconic and we'll known piece of headgear and a must for anyone that collects tin lids from around the world.
    As to my back yard these pictures were taken at my house in the North I live right on the job site 30 second walk to work in the morning .
    We have a large acreage on the Island and live on my wife's families Dairy Farm.

Regards Mark
    Hi Mark, ah I see that would explain the large expanse of land, your a lucky fella.

I look forward to seeing your Ssh-60 too, the more examples I see the better as this will give me the knowledge of what to look out for when the right one comes up

your Ssh40 is about the last year of the Russian Ssh40's were made, so it will go well with your Ssh60 , it's the last of the Ssh40's before transitioning to the upgraded Ssh60 with the different style liner

I dont own a WWII Ssh40 yet, all of mine are cold war era

?

Thanx BG I as well need to add a war time dated example in my collection I will try and post my 60 up in the next few days.

Regards Mark

Here is a '57 dated example I picked up the other week. Basically cost me nothing (my kind of price )after selling the other items which came with it.

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Post war Soviet Ssh 40   Post war Soviet Ssh 40  

Post war Soviet Ssh 40   Post war Soviet Ssh 40  

Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Thanks for posting up your example to the thread Adrian it looks unissued and quite minty.

Regards Mark

Very nice cold era Tractor Factory Helmet Ade,like you said can pick these up dirt cheap,many still in there original waffle paper.........

Here's my '56 medium sized Stalingrad made one I scored yesterday to shove into the 'ol thread

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast