Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Post War Ssh40 Helmet “combat”

Article about: Hello everyone, I would like to have a hand with the identification of this Soviet Ssh40 that I have from the device in the collection. All I know (who told me who sold it to me, but don't a

Default Post War Ssh40 Helmet “combat”

Hello everyone, I would like to have a hand with the identification of this Soviet Ssh40 that I have from the device in the collection. All I know (who told me who sold it to me, but don't ask me how to understand it) is that it was produced by the 3KO of Stalingrad, a famous factory in the well-known city that also produced during the terrible clashes. Despite being, as we know, a helmet produced in millions of specimens after the war, this shown here should be one of the very first post productions, around 1950-1952. With the leather chin strap, this helmet has several layers of paint, and the brown literally poured gives me the air of being a mimicry done in the field in some operational circumstances. On the front, we can see the number 312 written in red (a unit?) And the remains of the red star that have evidently been abraded.
    In light of these considerations, it seems to me a very combat helmet, with perhaps something to tell about his brothers who lived in the service of the many conscripts of the Soviet Union who for decades served in various barracks. What do you think? What story can this helmet experience have?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Post War Ssh40 Helmet “combat”
    P
    Many

?

The best kind of militaria in my view. I have an SSh-36 with a similar layered paint scheme. You can almost tell it's service history from which dents were white-washed and which came after!

Thanks for sharing.

On of my 5 SSH-39 have this texturecamo too

Thanks a lot for the intervention. I would really love to be able to discover the use of this helmet.

Quote by Bavarian View Post
    On of my 5 SSH-39 have this texturecamo too

Could you show me some photos? It could be at least a clue to check at least the real diffusion of this particular type of camo.

I like the fact that it has been used, and looks like it has been used. Have you found out what 312 means?