Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Real or Fake Mº Ssh 40/41?

Article about: Original or Fake Mº Ssh 40/41

Default Original or Fake Mº Ssh 40/41?

Real or Fake Mº Ssh 40/41?Real or Fake Mº Ssh 40/41?Real or Fake Mº Ssh 40/41?Real or Fake Mº Ssh 40/41?Real or Fake Mº Ssh 40/41?Real or Fake Mº Ssh 40/41?Real or Fake Mº Ssh 40/41?Real or Fake Mº Ssh 40/41?Real or Fake Mº Ssh 40/41?Real or Fake Mº Ssh 40/41?Real or Fake Mº Ssh 40/41?Original or Fake Mº Ssh 40/41
    Last edited by Gibello; 01-26-2011 at 10:56 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Real or Fake Mº Ssh 40/41?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Original or Fake Mº Ssh 40/41?

I was the member who dismissed the stamps in this helmet as fake on the WAF forum, but now I am retracting that until further discussion. Member Dimas has posted this one before in another thread:

Soviet SSch 40 Armii Ludowoj.

I am still not sure of this stamp, but only because it is new to me. I also have numerous photos I have archived over the years of collecting and the stamp appears nowhere else in those examples. My first impressions was that it was a poorly executed attempt to make something like the LMZ stamp. Especially since the stamps in this example lack the size information. Anyone else have opinion or comment? I am very curious about this stamp. The collector in me wants it to be a legitimate type, but the realist in me has caution.

?

Default Re: Real or Fake Mº Ssh 40/41?

Another oneReal or Fake Mº Ssh 40/41?

Wink Re: Real or Fake Mº Ssh 40/41?

Another one from where Mixer? can we see the rest of the helmet? In Dimas' post of his Polish Red Army helmet with this stamp he calls it rare "AM-41r" This stamp and the stamps in Gibello's post sure look like "LM-41r to my eyes . Another detail in these stamps is that in all of them it appears that the 4,1,and r are not in a line. the "r" is higher than the "1" which is higher than the "4". It is not as obvious in this latest example, but I think the detail is still there. My point is that they all appear to be made with the same rubber stamp possibly.

The helmet Dimas posted is the only one so far with size information and I wonder if the shell is impact stamped size 2 to match the stamp. This could be curious because the other two examples have no size information in the stamp and Gibello's posted helmet is a size 1. I admit that I am skeptical of this stamp and I have to wonder if it is possible that the size information was omitted with purpose. With purpose because the same stamp was used on all and it did not match all the shell sizes?
    Last edited by Wesley's Dad; 01-29-2011 at 09:56 PM.

?

I am sure that this is a fake. My stamp from somewhere in the Russian Internet. Here's another link - [url=http://soviet-helmets.com/Helmets/Helmet_fake_01.html
    In 1941, helmet SSH-40 produced only two plants: in Lysva - LMZ at Stalingrad - ZKO. And only they are! Type of theirs ink-stamps are known.

Dom
    ?

Interesting this link Mixer, thanks

Interesting... thanks for the link. Maybe my instinct was correct after all.

People... this is SUCH a FAKE!!!! 1. M40 with 6 rivets and simplified liner started to arise in troops in 1942. The command for design of such a helmets was done at the very end of 1941. In case if somebody speaks russian - http://reibert.info/forum/showthread.php?t=124952 - related topic. No 6 rivets M40 helmets on 1941!!!! And painting of a star is stupid. and strap...

?

This is - of course, fake. But at the expense of SSh-40 with six rivets you're wrong. In 1941, the SSh-40 has already produced hundreds of thousands of pieces. And with three types of liner. As for the one you specify a site, then an exchange of views, mostly, there were amateurs, profoundly not mastered the subject. Excuse me for honesty.

Mixer, I do not argue with you - but explaine me pls your point of view. pls in Pm.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast