Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Red Star Vz32

Article about: I've just received my first Vz32, that's a Czechoslovak "Eggshell" Helmet, for those unfamiliar. This particular one came from a village near Prague, and has a red star painted on

?

Default Red Star Vz32

I've just received my first Vz32, that's a Czechoslovak "Eggshell" Helmet, for those unfamiliar. This particular one came from a village near Prague, and has a red star painted on it. It's suspected to be a resistance fighter's helmet, and has a lovely shade of mustard brown. Bit of surface rust, but the shell is pretty solid. The dome of the helmet is stamped "U" at the very center/top area. Not sure what the splotches of black paint (or dry tar?) are near the holes where the liner rivets would have been.

Red Star Vz32
    Red Star Vz32
    Red Star Vz32
    Red Star Vz32
    Red Star Vz32
    Red Star Vz32

Anyone have a similar Vz32?

Martin

EDIT - Crud! This was meant to go in the Red army Headgear forum, not uniform forum! >.< Could a mod move this?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Red Star Vz32
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Red Star Vz32

Quick question regarding this helmet, I've been trying to research the stamp, yet can't find any references to manufacturers, could anyone help in that regard?

Also, the liners use split pin rivets, reproductions of which are easily available , so putting in a liner is doable, should I fit one; given that it's easily removable, so the helmet can be complete, or display it as-is? I've got a little wooden stand for it to rest on currently (think up side down German grenade).

Cheers,
    Martin