Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

RKKA visor hat, I think its original..?

Article about: New to the forum !! I hear you guys know your stuff, whats your thoughts on this, is this ww2?

?

Default RKKA visor hat, I think its original..?

New to the forum !!

I hear you guys know your stuff, whats your thoughts on this, is this ww2? RKKA visor hat, I think its original..?RKKA visor hat, I think its original..?RKKA visor hat, I think its original..?RKKA visor hat, I think its original..?RKKA visor hat, I think its original..?RKKA visor hat, I think its original..?RKKA visor hat, I think its original..?RKKA visor hat, I think its original..?RKKA visor hat, I think its original..?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement RKKA visor hat, I think its original..?
    P
    Many

Looks ok . Really Salty one ! where was it found ? I think the stars put on later and thread is an unusual way of fixing it . Is it faded under star ?

?

RKKA visor hat, I think its original..?RKKA visor hat, I think its original..?RKKA visor hat, I think its original..?RKKA visor hat, I think its original..?RKKA visor hat, I think its original..?RKKA visor hat, I think its original..?RKKA visor hat, I think its original..?RKKA visor hat, I think its original..?a little faded not much, it was found in the motherland. Here is another one, I just don't know if this one is post war

The first officer Field cap is wartime , The coloured furazhka is late 1940s on . Post war curved visor and the crown starts to get bigger. The star I think is a 1947 pattern which is more rounded than wartime ones .

?

nice to know people know there stuff. Thanks Rob. They are salty but I like the first one, has a lot of character to me

Nice field visor hat. Here is a picture of my field visor hat. It looks great.

Nice Phillippe ,
    Heres mine .
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture RKKA visor hat, I think its original..?   RKKA visor hat, I think its original..?  

What's the value of the real salty hat anyone got a idea

ASR
    ?

Hello,

The cut of the medical / service cap existed already during the war, as well as the fabrics. One can find WW2 pics of officers wearing caps with rounded, slooped visors, specially general officers. I don't know if they were made like that on purpose or just -due to the war effort- they used visors in stock from the previous models (which were not spade-shaped) or they re-used the tools used to shape the previous models to increase production rate.

This is post-war mainly because of the <<Voentorg>> label inside. These were military stores.

I have one cap exactly from the same production run (cut, materials and markings) in better shape, if I have time, I'll post a pic tomorrow.

ASR
    ?

As for the last field cap in woollen gabardine cloth, I've seen some posts claiming this fabric is post-war (fifties). I would like to know why, as I have seen M1935 uniforms -specially for senior officers- made of the same fabric. I myself own a NKVD tunic (external pockets) made of such cloth and I see no reasons to have it cathegorically classed as post war (at least in the MVD 1952 regulations officer's drawings clearly show external pockets gyms).
    Also tomorrow, I'll post my field service cap

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast