MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Russian gas mask, tank helmet, goggles in movie the BEAST 1988 [Afghanistan]

Article about: >>

Default Russian gas mask, tank helmet, goggles in movie the BEAST 1988 [Afghanistan]

Soviet Army issue MM1 Tank Radio Operator Gas Mask Kit.

The Soviet MM1 Gas Mask is unlike most other Soviet era gas masks. This mask used a harness allowing the wearer to use a radio headset on his exposed ears. These kits were issued to tank commanders and radio operators.

Soviet Army MM1 Tank Radio Operator Gas Mask Kit

is this the correct gas mask and goggles used by Soviet tankers in Afghanistan?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Russian gas mask, tank helmet, goggles in movie the BEAST 1988 [Afghanistan]
    P
    Many

Default Re: Russian gas mask, tank helmet, goggles in movie the BEAST 1988 [Afghanistan]

Quote by battle gear View Post
    is this the correct gas mask and goggles used by Soviet tankers in Afghanistan?
    Yes, however I wouldnt recommend buying from that website you linked, very over priced, looks dodgy as the majority of the pics are from ebay auctions, and I've also been informed that people have bought items and either never recieved them, or got something totally different.

Thanks

Danny

Default Re: Russian gas mask, tank helmet, goggles in movie the BEAST 1988 [Afghanistan]

Quote by GasMasksUK View Post
    Yes, however I wouldnt recommend buying from that website you linked, very over priced, looks dodgy as the majority of the pics are from ebay auctions, and I've also been informed that people have bought items and either never recieved them, or got something totally different.

Thanks

Danny

yes the gas mask prices do seem very high from that seller , I was just using it for reference, I wouldnt pay those prices.

the Russian tanker helmet used in the war in Afghanistan hasnt changed much since WWII , the T 34 tank crew in this photo are wearing the same type of helmet worn today

Last edited by battle gear; 04-12-2011 at 04:03 PM.

I've just noticed somethin unusual about the screenshot of the gas mask from the film, it appears to have the exhale valve gaurd of a British MkV/MkIV Service Respirator over the voice diapragm....very unusual....

Thanks

Danny

Quote by GasMasksUK View Post
    I've just noticed somethin unusual about the screenshot of the gas mask from the film, it appears to have the exhale valve gaurd of a British MkV/MkIV Service Respirator over the voice diapragm....very unusual....

Thanks

Danny
    yes, I noticed that part looks similiar to a British exhale valve, maybe it's the closest thing the Hollywood prop guys could get , could be a prop made to look like a Soviet model

I'm sure that its an original Russian mask though, as the other pieces on it are correct, just not the voice diapragm cover. However there looks to be a seam down the middle of the mask in the picture too.

Thanks

Danny

heres another image of the gas mask used in the movie, most of the gear they used in the movie looked correct for the time period

Beast of War, The - imfdb :. guns in movies :. movie guns :. the internet movie firearms database

Last edited by battle gear; 04-15-2011 at 05:16 PM.

Russian gas mask, tank helmet, goggles in movie the BEAST 1988 [Afghanistan]Russian gas mask, tank helmet, goggles in movie the BEAST 1988 [Afghanistan]

I took these photos from the movie and found out the Tank commander is definitely using a prop mask made to look like a Russian MM1 tank / radio operator gas mask

in the scene after the attack on the village, the commander is seen removing his gas mask and you can see it's a standard Russian mask that goes over the entire head , a real communications mask should have straps

so the prop guys must have added the unusual round voice piece used in the movie

Its an East German Schm 41 M thats had a MKV/MKIV Exhale valve attached to it for sure, in the last picture you can clearly see the tissot tubes and the large exhale/inhale assembly. Its unusual that the didnt manage to get the correct mask though, as more or less everything Russian standard issue it pretty common, I've just bought an MM1 as a matter of fact, only £6

Thanks

Danny

Attachment 202834Attachment 202835

heres my tank commander gas mask with tanker helmet, the mask is a size 3 [large] it's in pretty good condition, the rubber still feels soft but shows some discoloration from storage.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast