Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Russian Helmet on E-bay

Article about: Guys I am watching a helmet on e-bay item no 200318498285 Does it look OK to you experts. I have only just started collecting Soviet items and this looked like a reasonable example which mig

Default Russian Helmet on E-bay

Guys

I am watching a helmet on e-bay item no 200318498285

Does it look OK to you experts. I have only just started collecting Soviet items and this looked like a reasonable example which might not become too expensive? Of course, now I have told you, I may get outbid!

thanks for your help, as always

Ian

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Russian Helmet on E-bay
    P
    Many

Default Re: Russian Helmet on E-bay

Quote by alysloper View Post
    Guys

I am watching a helmet on e-bay item no 200318498285

Does it look OK to you experts. I have only just started collecting Soviet items and this looked like a reasonable example which might not become too expensive? Of course, now I have told you, I may get outbid!

thanks for your help, as always

Ian
    Ian,

Odd stamp. First time I see the size stamped in roman numerals instead of the more usual numbers.

It does not mean it has to be false, of course. The experts here will tell you.

It is a nice Ssh-40 helmet to me.

Regards,

Gus

P.S. I promise you I will not bid on this item.

Reg
    ?

Hi

Just had a quick squiz, the 40 looks OK some of the other guys on here will tell you more than I can...., but not too sure about one or two of the other german ones he has for sale (lots of chinese made replicas of those models about) I promise I wont bid either....good luck.

Reg

Hi Ian, I have saved the photos and placed them here. This will keep them on the forum for future reference, otherwise the e bay sales thread will eventually die and this thread will also become redundent as a result. Always save the pics

The ink stamp is not one I have seen before and it's placement too near the chinstrap hanger is also odd. Ask the seller for a pic of the stamp in the back of the helmet where the numbers are die stamped into the shell. It would appear that there is an conventional ink stamp or remants of one located there.

Cheers, Ade.
    Attached Images Attached Images Russian Helmet on E-bay  Russian Helmet on E-bay  Russian Helmet on E-bay 

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Hi Ian, I have saved the photos and placed them here. This will keep them on the forum for future reference, otherwise the e bay sales thread will eventually die and this thread will also become redundent as a result. Always save the pics

The ink stamp is not one I have seen before and it's placement too near the chinstrap hanger is also odd. Ask the seller for a pic of the stamp in the back of the helmet where the numbers are die stamped into the shell. It would appear that there is an conventional ink stamp or remants of one located there.

Cheers, Ade.
    What ever happened with this helmet? Did anyone ever find more info on the odd stamps? Is it WWII? Fake? Real?

Hi Ian,
    For me this stamp is fake..
    Markings Soviet helmets are always in the same place at the rear of the helmet.
    The stamp always the same shape.
    Look at the following post on:

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/headg...40-a-7603.html

You'll see models of authentic markings.
    Regards.
    Philippe

Guys

Thanks for all the help and extremely useful pictures, etc. I actually bought this helmet but have slowly concluded that the marking is - in fact - not genuine. It is in the wrong place and the digits are not of the usual style. The lining is also not typical. So much to learn !

I would appreciate any opinions on my rucksack (on the eqpt thread)