Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Russian WWII tank helmet headset

Article about: On the internet, I found this interesting picture of a Russian WWII tank crew. The crew member in the foreground wears a tank helmet with earphones and throat microphones. Such a tank helmet

?

Quote by Bagration View Post
    I found one picture so far that show this kind of helmet used by a Soviet tankist in 1942 or 1943 with the DT-28 machinegun.

Attachment 1096089
    I think this Tankist is postwar Warsaw Pact, quite possibly East German. The Czech's refurbished DP28s for East Germany. They featured non-ribbed barrels, modified (triangular) magazine release catches and a round bracket on the backsight for an optical sight to be fitted.

Perhaps the DDR made this hybrid helmet?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Russian WWII tank helmet headset
    P
    Many

Hello Boycie,

Your infos are interesting and could be good !

I always search more infos about this helmet but sadly ... I never find others photos about this kind of modification, the picture that you saw was on a old French magazine talking about the battle of Stalingrad (but legend on photos can be wrong sometimes) and when i tried the research about this picture i can't find any info on it ... i also searched for east and west germany tanker but didn't find this kind of helmet on them ... The throat microphone seem Soviet model in any case.

But i must say that Iv'e seen alot of variations about it.

i'm not at home right now but i will post some pictures at my return of models that I saw recently.

I'd like to show you this example that I found. Also a modified German flight helmet. The microphone and connector are missing.
    The modification has been very well made. Please your opinions on this helmet

Russian WWII tank helmet headsetRussian WWII tank helmet headsetRussian WWII tank helmet headsetRussian WWII tank helmet headsetRussian WWII tank helmet headsetRussian WWII tank helmet headset

?

Looks like the same set-up. I think these were converted on a fairly industrial basis rather than one-offs. Another just appeared on eBay.

Interesting....Bjorn's example has tremendously good leather...must've sat in storage all these years?? I hope Boycie's latest doesn't mean these are the next thing to hit the market from less scrupulous sources

?

Let's hope not... I think as long as Luftwaffe helmets command a higher price than Soviet tank helmets we're safe!

Hello everyone,

About my last message, sorry i forgot ...

Here the model that I have seen on the internet, note that the green one is indeed German if you look the link and leather part for the neck.

Russian WWII tank helmet headsetRussian WWII tank helmet headsetRussian WWII tank helmet headsetRussian WWII tank helmet headsetRussian WWII tank helmet headsetRussian WWII tank helmet headsetRussian WWII tank helmet headsetRussian WWII tank helmet headsetRussian WWII tank helmet headsetRussian WWII tank helmet headsetRussian WWII tank helmet headsetRussian WWII tank helmet headsetRussian WWII tank helmet headset

Thanks for your comments!
    Interesting to see the other variations. I saw one other for sale on eBay a few months ago (it had all leather parts), so that makes a least three examples for sale in a half year.
    It seems that these modifications are easier to find than the standard tank helmets

The one that I own has indeed very smooth leather and is in good condition, only very lightly worn I think.
    The modification from German to Soviet must have been done by a professional worker, as the workmanship is excellent, it is very well done.
    I wonder where the Soviets got all these flight helmets from, probably captured a big batch?
    It seems logic that they used them during the time they hadn't enough resources to make them themselves, but when would they've stopped using them?

Default Soviet tank helmet headset

Another film frame of Soviet tankmen. The tankman in front wears a tank helmet with a headset. Apparently a different type than shown on this website; Радиоаппаратура в бронетехнике. Ч.1 — Сообщество <<Военно-Техническое Общество>> на DRIVE2 .
    As the title says, the film frame comes from a film about the Battle of Berlin. In the lair of the beast.

Russian WWII tank helmet headset

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2