Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Soft tank Helmet ,T34 ?

Article about: Looking for help from my good forum friends on this tank helmet from my collection ,I have no clue to its period of issue and if pre or post ww2 and whether it is Soviet or maybe one of the

Default Soft tank Helmet ,T34 ?

Looking for help from my good forum friends on this tank helmet from my collection ,I have no clue to its period of issue and if pre or post ww2 and whether it is Soviet or maybe one of the warsaw pact satellite states ,i also wonder why a tan colour canvas as you would expect a summer helmet but this one has a winter liner ? also there is no folding rear apron as you would expect on a soviet helmet just a rather complex set of adjustment straps
    There are some owners markings Ski seems predominant and a strap shows a slightly illegible so i am guessing here on a name but looks to be SKIBLLISKI
    Inside the thick foldable ear flaps is a faded black circle with what seems a red triangle the other side shows similar but with the shortened name SKI
    would be great to know exactly what i have here guys so any information would be superb Soft tank Helmet ,T34 ?Soft tank Helmet ,T34 ?Soft tank Helmet ,T34 ?Soft tank Helmet ,T34 ?Soft tank Helmet ,T34 ?Soft tank Helmet ,T34 ?Soft tank Helmet ,T34 ?Soft tank Helmet ,T34 ?Soft tank Helmet ,T34 ?Soft tank Helmet ,T34 ?
    Last edited by James C; 08-27-2017 at 05:14 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Soft tank Helmet ,T34 ?
    P
    Many

Looks Polish to me

Thanks Kradman for commenting and your thoughts on this one i too suspected it to be Polish but can i find an example like it anywhere for comparison

Looks Polish to me too with that brow pad!...

Thank you Paul You wouldn't know of any other examples out there for comparison ,i have found one here on the forum but it differs slightly with much thicker vertical side pads and what seems a summer liner ,here is the thread and ended with very little information i get get my teeth into other than perhaps a Post ww2 Soviet satellite state ,soviet army II ww tank helmet ? please help surely there must be others out there
    cheers James

Hi James, Nice tankers helmet but I have not come across a similar one before. Like you my first guess would be Polish but thats all it would be..a
    guess

Thank you Robin ,I Might even try re-posting the thread over in the Polish Militaria forum here and see what comes of it , I am sure the name could be SKIBLLISKI or perhaps SKIBKISKI it's hard to be certain
    I did contact a Polish member who said SkIBISKI is a Polish name but i have still not made up my mind what the name is for certain so whether that will be the smoking gun in Identifying this tankie is another matter
    I just find it hard there is so little information available out there
    most of my online searches for Polish tank helmets just throw up an example i posted here a little while back Soft tank Helmet ,T34 ?

Hello,

That's a winter version (obviously) after that I can't tell if it's Polish, I know eBay is not always a trust source but ... if you take a look at the construction and especially the buttons you can find the same here describe as Russian para/tank helmet.
    Exactly the same buttons are here, it's post war surely but could be Russian also.

RUSSIAN ARMED FORCES PARA / TANKER HELMET | eBay

Thank you Bagration for commenting ,yes you have some good points there ,certainly a similar construction and Khaki canvas material used
    Kind Regards James