Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Soviet camo in the war

Article about: Here I will post some examples of known period pictures, when the soldiers use some camouflage cowers or period repainetd helmets

?

Default Re: Soviet camo in the war

Quote by Glymov View Post
    so.. what is this?
    I think that is Ssch 40 by it's shape but there visible 2 "rivets" at the top- I think it's just the dot's of the dried paint or something like that. But anyway interesting camo which I've never seen on the soviet helmets ( but I don't say if I've not saw it- then it must be fake) INTERESTING TO SEE BETTER IMAGES OF THE HELMET
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Soviet camo in the war
    P
    Many

?

+1 agree

?

so.. Ok. Wait for expert. I also ask my experts) So theres opinioin about СШ-40 modified for firefighters or something. And Fantasy paint.

?

Were the omeoba covers made from the same material as the suits and why are there not more photos of GPW soldiers using them? I have no photos of them in the reference books I have (Bekesi) And finally, is the photo of naval infantry also the same camouflage? Thanks.

Grutte Pier
    ?

Quote by Dimas View Post
    I think that is Ssch 40 by it's shape but there visible 2 "rivets" at the top- I think it's just the dot's of the dried paint or something like that. But anyway interesting camo which I've never seen on the soviet helmets ( but I don't say if I've not saw it- then it must be fake) INTERESTING TO SEE BETTER IMAGES OF THE HELMET
    I agree with you Dimas, it seems a rivet on top but probably isn’t (I’m not sure because its more than a year ago I saw this particular helmet for the last time), unfortunately I have no more/better pictures than this but in this picture there seems no second "top rivet" on the helmet so I believe it’s a figment of imagination caused by the picture itself.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Soviet camo in the war  

Grutte Pier
    ?

Quote by Glymov View Post
    so.. Ok. Wait for expert. I also ask my experts) So theres opinioin about СШ-40 modified for firefighters or something. And Fantasy paint.
    That “need” has probably bin fulfilled already, it shows a true “expert” to base opinions on these pictures without ever handling the item in person, personally I’m always conservative in that.

?

So be it/ Whatever. If ya like. Let it be a true original ,one of kind russian ssh-40 in one in the world true russian 4 colored camo.. Ok. If we dont have a other photos.

Hi Meindert, I actually handled a camo jacket at Beltring the same as the one shown in your friends photo. I still don't know what it is.

Cheers, Ade.

Grutte Pier
    ?

Thumbs up Re: Soviet camo in the war

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Hi Meindert, I actually handled a camo jacket at Beltring the same as the one shown in your friends photo. I still don't know what it is.

Cheers, Ade.
    That’s a coincidence, it most probably will be post war but now that you handled one, which impression did it gave you?. Do you also remember this “jumpsuit” type of smock, did you see something similar as this one on the Beltring show as well?, thanks in advance.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Soviet camo in the war   Soviet camo in the war  

Soviet camo in the war   Soviet camo in the war  

Hi Meindert, it was obviously heavly based upon the German winter reversible parka, but was not padded. To me, it did not look or feel Soviet in terms of material or construction. I was thinking Czech to be honest? I will try and get some pics from my friend Will, he is on WAF, but his pics always suck

Never seen this smock before.

Cheers, Ade.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast