Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Soviet camo in the war

Article about: Here I will post some examples of known period pictures, when the soldiers use some camouflage cowers or period repainetd helmets

Grutte Pier
    ?

Default Re: Soviet camo in the war

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Hi Meindert, it was obviously heavly based upon the German winter reversible parka, but was not padded. To me, it did not look or feel Soviet in terms of material or construction. I was thinking Czech to be honest? I will try and get some pics from my friend Will, he is on WAF, but his pics always suck

Never seen this smock before.

Cheers, Ade.
    Hello Ade, perhaps you don’t remember but I showed this “smock” on WAF Mysterious “jump smock”?, - Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums before, asking if someone knew what it was, back then some already mentioned that it could be post war Eastern block camouflage material. The other smock indeed looks based upon the German winter parkas but then not heavily padded like you already mentioned. Tsjech you say?, could be very plausible, must be very early post war because of the lack of synthetic fibres used in the parka and “smock”, to bad that its difficult to determine exactly where these came from because interesting they are.

2. # ADS

?

Quote by Grutte Pier View Post
    That’s a coincidence, it most probably will be post war but now that you handled one, which impression did it gave you?. Do you also remember this “jumpsuit” type of smock, did you see something similar as this one on the Beltring show as well?, thanks in advance.
    Actually it is 100% is not a soviet one. I will tell that at least of 6 different colors was seen by me on the amoebas! 4 is official for different places.
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

I remembered the jacket alright but must have forgot the smock. Old age and drink have taken it toll

Cheers, Ade.

Grutte Pier
    ?

Thumbs up Re: Soviet camo in the war

I remembered the jacket alright but must have forgot the smock. Old age and drink have taken it toll

Cheers, Ade.
    It must be, I will get you a pint of lemonade then when we meet.

Lemonade!

While we are talking of Soviet camo, here is a pic of a three quarter length coat type smock which I took last month in Austria. Sorry the pic is not great due to the glass.

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Soviet camo in the war  

Grutte Pier
    ?

Thumbs up Re: Soviet camo in the war

Lemonade!

While we are talking of Soviet camo, here is a pic of a three quarter length coat type smock which I took last month in Austria. Sorry the pic is not great due to the glass.

Cheers, Ade.
    Frisian "lemonade". Nice picture, I see similarities with the “smock” of which I posted some pictures, keeps fascinating.

?

On pic its a usual camo suit ameoba/ Nothig similar with previous parka and jumpsuit/

Grutte Pier
    ?

Question Re: Soviet camo in the war

Hello Ade, one question, as what did the seller in Beltring offer the parka and what did he ask for it?, if it was very cheap you perhaps could always had a go on it just because of its nice appearance.

?

Default Re: Please help!

Is it possible to explain to me about the camo helmet covers please? Were they cut from smocks by the front line troops or were they manufactured? Also is it possible to tell me how they were fitted? They are so close fitting, tight like a drumskin!
    many thanks.

?

I think they was made both- originally factory made and field made from the pieces of old suits. Unfortunately they are so rare and I 've never seen them.
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast