Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

A soviet helmet made in Polska ?

Article about: My fellow collectors , Here up for discussion is a 1965 made helmet that I bought back in the early nineties from a dealer from one of the baltic countries.I do not remember what country he

Default A soviet helmet made in Polska ?

My fellow collectors ,

Here up for discussion is a 1965 made helmet that I bought back in the early nineties from a
    dealer from one of the baltic countries.I do not remember what country he came from.A soviet helmet made in Polska ?A soviet helmet made in Polska ?A soviet helmet made in Polska ?A soviet helmet made in Polska ?A soviet helmet made in Polska ?A soviet helmet made in Polska ?A soviet helmet made in Polska ?
    He told me that this helmet and another one he had came from a former soviet military depot
    and therefore he was dead sure that he had a soviet russian helmet for sale.
    Now , what we have here is a polish wz.50 helmet in a quite unusual dark green color and a red star.

So do you also think that we have here a helmet that was made in poland and then delivered to the
    soviet army as indicated by the non typical paint and the addition of the red star ?

Let me know what you think.

Regards

Bernhard

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement A soviet helmet made in Polska ?
    P
    Many

Default Re: A soviet helmet made in Polska ?

The Polish supplied a lot of wz.50s to Albania and i think this may be one of them.

Thank you for this input.
    I did not know this fact.

Regards

Bernhard

hi bernhard ,i really cant imagine why poland would supply wz50's to soviet forces ,the ssh40 / ssh 60 were plentifull ,i also dont think the dark green paint is unusual i have a similar paint on my example signed to to private in the polish army ,ive not seen an example with a red star before though ,hope this helps in some way ,regards james
    Regards James

Hi James ,

Thank you very much for your input.

Regards

Bernhard