Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Soviet M 40 Helmet Stamp

Article about: The helmet in the photos has a stamp that I cannot find. Any thoughts on the maker of the specimen?

Default Soviet M 40 Helmet Stamp

The helmet in the photos has a stamp that I cannot find. Any thoughts on the maker of the specimen?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Soviet M 40 Helmet Stamp   Soviet M 40 Helmet Stamp  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Soviet M 40 Helmet Stamp
    P
    Many

Hi sundowner ,try posting this in the specific soviet sub section and im sure you will get a better result the world steel helmet section covers a broader range of helmets but for your ink stamp question i would try over there
    regards james

Hello

Uncomon stamps

did you got any answer? is it possible to get other photos to see how the helmet is constructed?

All the best

Bruno

Sundowner:
    1) Take a look at the paint underneath the stamp, where the darker paint has flaked off to expose lighter paint underneath. That shows the painted part has seen considerable wear, enough wear to flake off the paint. The stamp, however, reflects none of the same wear, and appears to have been applied over both the darker and lighter paint, which to me makes that stamp highly suspect.
    2) I'm also curious to know if anyone else has ever seen the "T" in POCT created by an outline of ink instead of by the ink itself. I've never seen that, but I'm sure there's many things I've never seen.
    3) CW (for lack of a better way to write it with latin letters) stands for "stalnoy shlem", which means "steel helmet". The stamp typically has the maker of the helmet in that spot, not a description of what it is. It's pretty obvious it's a steel helmet without the need for looking at the stamp on the inside.
    4) Wider shots (especially of the chinstrap and liner pads) always help to give context.

Just my two cents.

Kevin
    Greenville, SC USA

it's a fake stamp.

Dom
    ?

Yes totally fanciful

СШ 39 / 40 / 60 / 68

It's nice to know the fakers never take a day of rest...

Quote by pupapup View Post
    Sundowner:
    1) Take a look at the paint underneath the stamp, where the darker paint has flaked off to expose lighter paint underneath. That shows the painted part has seen considerable wear, enough wear to flake off the paint. The stamp, however, reflects none of the same wear, and appears to have been applied over both the darker and lighter paint, which to me makes that stamp highly suspect.
    2) I'm also curious to know if anyone else has ever seen the "T" in POCT created by an outline of ink instead of by the ink itself. I've never seen that, but I'm sure there's many things I've never seen.
    3) CW (for lack of a better way to write it with latin letters) stands for "stalnoy shlem", which means "steel helmet". The stamp typically has the maker of the helmet in that spot, not a description of what it is. It's pretty obvious it's a steel helmet without the need for looking at the stamp on the inside.
    4) Wider shots (especially of the chinstrap and liner pads) always help to give context.

Just my two cents.

Kevin
    Greenville, SC USA
    Thanks to all for your comments. This tardy reply does not reflect my lack of appreciation. I have added pictures in the event that they may be helpful to someone.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Soviet M 40 Helmet Stamp   Soviet M 40 Helmet Stamp  

Hello,

Thanks for the additional pictures. It seems the chinstraps are sewed? Is this correct as it is difficult to apreciate really from the photos?

In advance thank you

Bruno

Quote by bourguignotte View Post
    Hello,

Thanks for the additional pictures. It seems the chinstraps are sewed? Is this correct as it is difficult to apreciate really from the photos?

In advance thank you

Bruno
    Hi Bruno, I have attached a picture of the chin strap. There is no rivet, it is sewed. Your comment will be appreciated.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Soviet M 40 Helmet Stamp  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast