Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Soviet M36 steelhelmet, early

Article about: This is my choise-one from the 48 pieces, recieved by me more than 10 years ago. This one was the best than others, and I kept it for my own collection. I think it's so hard to find a nice e

?

Default Re: Soviet M36 steelhelmet, early

I think your is 1941 late type and very rare.
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Soviet M36 steelhelmet, early
    P
    Many

To add a bit... what Dimas is calling a 41 type are the final production Ssh-36 helmets. As he says, they lack the stars on the front. I would also add that the last of the Ssh-39 helmets made about late 1940 and into 1941 were painted with the exact same paint as the Ssh-39 helmets. This style is pretty rare, but there are some nice examples around.

Mike Baskette

?

heres my one.

2 time repainted / From soviet green to blue-grey. And two time painted star.

Attached Images Attached Images Soviet M36 steelhelmet, early  Soviet M36 steelhelmet, early  Soviet M36 steelhelmet, early  Soviet M36 steelhelmet, early  Soviet M36 steelhelmet, early 

beorn
    ?

Wow that helmet is totaly insane!!!! I have seen alot off different paintings and marks on these SSh36 helmets but no one like this rare one! Naval infantry? very nice one Glymov!

?

Thanx) Maybe Navy maybe Fleet// Who Knows.. But last stand of helm ,before me- is firefighting station. They paint it in black Over all two paintings. So i clean black paint and see what you see)

And again .. D ya see the replacement liner of SSH-36 to SSH-39?

?

What a superb collection of helmets, absolutely brilliant bit of historical record. It really is a quite beautiful helmet I think, superb shape to it.

This is from ther estate of an American soldier. It is painted dark gray over the original green and has a very crudly done star on the front.

The liner and webbed strap are intact and original to the helmet. Around the inside, it is painted black, but under the liner is the original green.

Why black paint?

Bob Hritz
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Soviet M36 steelhelmet, early   Soviet M36 steelhelmet, early  

?

Quote by Bob Hritz View Post
    This is from ther estate of an American soldier. It is painted dark gray over the original green and has a very crudly done star on the front.

The liner and webbed strap are intact and original to the helmet. Around the inside, it is painted black, but under the liner is the original green.

Why black paint?

Bob Hritz
    Nice field re-issue!
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

?

all i ve seen black helmets was a repainted for firefighters.

Quote by Wesley's Dad View Post
    ...I would also add that the last of the Ssh-39 helmets made about late 1940 and into 1941 were painted with the exact same paint as the Ssh-39 helmets...
    Mike Baskette
    Here is my one, made 1940, painted with the same paint as the Ssh-39 and without the star on the front.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Soviet M36 steelhelmet, early   Soviet M36 steelhelmet, early  

Soviet M36 steelhelmet, early   Soviet M36 steelhelmet, early  

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast