MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Soviet M40 Dated 1950!

Article about: by Dimas Mark, your helmet is'nt repainted, that is a very nice factory painted helmet, to be true, I never thought about the chinstrap fastening period. Hello Dimas , Chinstrap Green 16mm o

Dom
    ?

Default Re: Soviet M40 Dated 1950!

Quote by Dimas View Post
    Mark, your helmet is'nt repainted, that is a very nice factory painted helmet, to be true, I never thought about the chinstrap fastening period.
    Hello Dimas ,
    Chinstrap Green 16mm on this one
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Soviet M40 Dated 1950!  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Soviet M40 Dated 1950!
    P
    Many

Dimas & Dom,

I hate to say that I have thought about chinstrap construction and period. Just trying to get an idea if there are any patterns with helmet manufacture dates. Why pay a premium for a war time helmet that is represented as all original period if the chinstrap is postwar. Maybe it is not possible to put together a data base. I try to look at all helmets photos I see for sale, especially lates 1940s and all 1950s web straps. Color, width, buckle, rivits, it's a start and just a thought.

My LMZ 1950 example is 20 mm wide, dark green web, Buckle is 26mm wide by 29mm grren painted, end tab is a "C" type in the white. Like I say just a twisted thought!!

Thanks all, Mark
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Soviet M40 Dated 1950!   Soviet M40 Dated 1950!  

Soviet M40 Dated 1950!  

Quote by Rob truscott View Post
    Ok . Here it is Dom . I got it from shalito in Moscow back in 1994 .
    Its a big size with the brushed cotton lining looking like material left over from late style budionovkas. Theres a faint ink stamp ive tried to photograph,' May 1942 ' at rear inside. the other stamps have rubbed away .

Nice one ... I'll have to dig around in my boxes and fine my month older brother.

Very nice and interresting information . Gentlemen.

Regards

Bernhard

I just got an identical 1950 helmet from the ukraine.. with the same stamp.. one thing that i am curious about is that it looks repainted, and below the paint it seems there were areas of deep wear or even cleaned rust.. i read in another thread that these lyksva's may be direct descendants of war time helmets.. so let me ask you, are these ww2 shells repainted and remarked in 1950?

I'm not sure there is a way to know for certain unless a factory directive could be located that speaks of disassembly and rebuilding of helmets in military stocks. However, what you suggest is highly possible in my opinion.

Dom
    ?

As Mike said, hard to say, the topic is discussed here ремонтирует-repaired helmet

Below is a helmet dated 1949 noting the very low batch number near the wartime .
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Soviet M40 Dated 1950!   Soviet M40 Dated 1950!  

Soviet M40 Dated 1950!   Soviet M40 Dated 1950!  

Soviet M40 Dated 1950!  

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3