Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Soviet Tanker Display

Article about: Recently, the research came back on one of my Red Stars. It was earned by a Russian Guards Division T-34/85 driver/ mechanic who among other feats, machine gunned/ "ironed" ~100 Hi

Default Re: Soviet Tanker Display

i like the other stands you have behind joe , perhaps you could emulate those for this display keep up the great work ,james

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Soviet Tanker Display
    P
    Many

That is a sweet helmet.

For reasons that are unknown to me, I do not or never have owned such a nice thing.

Kudos to you Joe.

Regards,
    Richie
    Non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam!

Quote by RichieC View Post
    That is a sweet helmet.

For reasons that are unknown to me, I do not or never have owned such a nice thing.

Kudos to you Joe.

Regards,
    Richie
    Thanks, Richie!

Once I got the Red Star researched and figured out that it belonged to a Guards T34/85 driver who had seen a lot of action, I knew I had to get a helmet, goggles, Guards badge, and a little T34.85 tank model to honor him.

Here is his citation:

Guards Master Sergeant A.N. Rybakov is a mechanic-driver of a T-34/85 in the 149th Independent Security Company. He has been participating in the Great Patriotic War. During the fighting with the German invaders he was wounded. During his period of service he showed himself a disciplined and brave soldier who knows his job very well. Near Petrakuva and Skurkowitz he carried out several complicated combat missions. Using the gun and the tracks of his formidable combat vehicle he killed up to 50 Hitlerites and took 21 prisoners, including two officers. Masterfully manoeuvring his tank on May 2, 1945 near the village of Schinkendorff, he evacuated his tank from under fire by Panzerfaust gunners and subsequently killed them, as well as up to 30 attacking enemy infantrymen.

During the most intricate combat situations he does not lose his head, and with all his masterful capabilities he strives to carry out the motherland’s orders.

He deserves to be awarded the Order of the Red Star.

How does one go about researching an order of the Red Star?

Quote by Wehrmacht39 View Post
    How does one go about researching an order of the Red Star?
    It's pretty simple... the worst part is playing the waiting game! There are a few forum members who have access to the old Soviet archives... You contact them, or another researcher, give them the serial number on the back of your Red Star, and then wait a few weeks!

This is what you typically receive after researching a Red Star:

Soviet Tanker DisplaySoviet Tanker DisplaySoviet Tanker DisplaySoviet Tanker DisplaySoviet Tanker DisplaySoviet Tanker DisplaySoviet Tanker DisplaySoviet Tanker DisplaySoviet Tanker Display

All of that translates to this:

Award sheet

All fields to be filled out fully

1. Last name, first name and patronymic: Rybakov, Aleksei Nikolayevich
    2. Rank: Guards Master Sergeant
    3. Duty position and unit: Mechanic-driver of a tank in the 149th Independent Security Company of the field headquarters of the 4th Guards Tank Army
    Nominated for: Order of the Red Star
    4. Year of birth: 1917
    5. Nationality: Russian
    6. Party affiliation: Member of the Communist Party
    7. Participation in the Civil War, the following combat actions for the defense of the USSR and the Patriotic War (where and when): Has been participating in the Patriotic War since June 22, 1945 [sic]
    8. Wounds and contusions received during the Patriotic War: One wound
    9. Since when in the Red Army: Since 1939
    10. Drafted by which military commissariat: Military Commissariat of the Krasnoye Selo Raion, Yaroslavl Oblast
    11. Which earlier awards (for which merits): None
    12. Permanent home address of the prospective awardee and the address of his family: Village of Kuznetsovo, Krasnoye Selo Raion, Yaroslavl Oblast. Mother: Yevdokia Iosipovna Rybakova

Short, concrete description of the personal combat feat or merits:

Guards Master Sergeant A.N. Rybakov is a mechanic-driver of a T-34/85 in the 149th Independent Security Company. He has been participating in the Great Patriotic War. During the fighting with the German invaders he was wounded. During his period of service he showed himself a disciplined and brave soldier who knows his job very well. Near Petrakuva and Skurkowitz he carried out several complicated combat missions. Using the gun and the tracks of his formidable combat vehicle he killed up to 50 Hitlerites and took 21 prisoners, including two officers. Masterfully manoeuvring his tank on May 2, 1945 near the village of Schinkendorff, he evacuated his tank from under fire by panzerfaust gunners and subsequently killed them, as well as up to 30 attacking enemy infantrymen.

During the most intricate combat situations he doesn’t lose his head, and with all his masterful capabilities he strives to carry out the motherland’s orders.

Commander of the 149th Independent Security Company
    Guards Captain [signed] /Pripishnyak/
    May 14, 1945

Chief of staff of the 4th Guards Tank Army
    Guards Major General
    May 20

If you luck out and your Red Star recipient was an officer, you'll receive a service record and that usually includes a photo.

Here is a photo of a Political Commissar, the recipient of my other Red Star.

Soviet Tanker Display

?

They're like digging up potatos, you never know what you're going to get. My first was awarded to a Lt who was at Stalingrad laying communication cables, and my second was awarded to a Major who served as a radiologist and treated thousands of wounded during the war.

Nice collection you have Gizmo

Quote by DioMac View Post
    They're like digging up potatos, you never know what you're going to get. My first was awarded to a Lt who was at Stalingrad laying communication cables, and my second was awarded to a Major who served as a radiologist and treated thousands of wounded during the war.

Nice collection you have Gizmo
    THANKS!

I've had three Red Stars so far, but sold one off. The other one currently in my collection is attributed to a Political Commissar.

?

Joe very nice half the fun is finding the history behind an object . Gary

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast