Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

SSch-36 helmet with a later M39 liner….A few questions.

Article about: I just purchased this helmet on Nov 14 2009. Russian helmets are a totally new field for me. From what I have learned it is a model SSch-36 helmet with a later model M39 liner. Questions; -I

?

Default Re: SSch-36 helmet with a later M39 liner….A few questions.

The ACP was being supply Imperial Russia ( the difference in cirrilic "англ заказъ" instead of goverment model )and USSR in the war period, and I seen the leather holsters made especially for the Colt M 1911, even the USSR was made the holsters for P 38 and P 08 German oistols in the mid of the war
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SSch-36 helmet with a later M39 liner….A few questions.
    P
    Many

drm2m
    ?

Dimas,

I had never heard about the Russians manufacturing holsters for the P.08 and P.38.
    Very interesting!

One would think that with all the German stuff that was captured that would not have been necessary.

I have seen photos of the Germans carrying PPSh-41s and other Russian small arms, but I have never seen photos of Russian soldiers carrying P.08s or P.38s.

I would be very interested to see photos of the type of holsters that the Russians manufactured for these pistols as well as for the M1911 during WWII.

David

drm2m
    ?

Dimas,

I have read various comments regarding the difficulties that the Germans had with the Russian winters and the functioning of the Luger and MP40 because of the close manufacturing tolerances of these guns in the very cold weather.

This may not have been the case with the P.38 and MP44.

I am very impressed with the practical and uncomplicated approach that the Russians took in the choice and design of their small arms.

I have not seen photos of Russian soldiers using the guns shown below.

The same could be said for Thompson smgs that they were given by the U.S. and did not use.

David
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SSch-36 helmet with a later M39 liner….A few questions.   SSch-36 helmet with a later M39 liner….A few questions.  

Hi David, here is one image of a Soviet soldier with an MP40. I have seen others (in books. I will try and scan them) and I am certain one or two have been shown on the forum somewhere in the past?

Cheers, Ade.
    Attached Images Attached Images SSch-36 helmet with a later M39 liner….A few questions. 

drm2m
    ?

Thanks Ade,

I guess what I find puzzling is that there are many photos of German soldiers carrying Russian arms and much fewer photos of Russian soldiers carrying German guns or other allied arms?

A reliable resupply of ammunition for non Russian manufactured guns would have been pretty important I suspect.

The Russians strike me as having been pretty practical.
    They "may" from time to time had problems supplying ammunition for their own Russian manufactured small arms.

If the ship carrying ammunition for the Thompson smgs ended up at the bottom of the sea....that might explain why the Russians did not use this gun.

David

Ost-Berlin
    ?

Hi David, yes I live in Canada. I have found few interesting PPSh in Germany for sale, but I never venture to try importing them to Canada. If they are desactivated, I wonder if the import is easier?

drm2m
    ?

Ost-Berlin,

I have no idea.
    Deactivation criteria is particular to each country.

I would suggest that you try and find a gun in Canada....if you look and are patient...you should be able to find one.

Marstar brought a bunch in some years ago, that ended up being deactivated to "cock and click"...I think?

Good luck,

David

?

I've own a couple about 10 years ago and also I have seen them on ebay being sold from a guy from Ukraine who sells the holsters from stocks
    Quote by drm2m View Post
    Dimas,

I had never heard about the Russians manufacturing holsters for the P.08 and P.38.
    Very interesting!

One would think that with all the German stuff that was captured that would not have been necessary.

I have seen photos of the Germans carrying PPSh-41s and other Russian small arms, but I have never seen photos of Russian soldiers carrying P.08s or P.38s.

I would be very interested to see photos of the type of holsters that the Russians manufactured for these pistols as well as for the M1911 during WWII.

David
    Regards,
    Dimas

?

I think the thread with trophees can be found here
    https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/histo...light=trophees
    Regards,
    Dimas

drm2m
    ?

Dimas,

Thanks very much for finding this stuff.
    Very interesting photos.

I think some Luger and P.38 collectors would be interested in knowing that the Russians manufactured holsters for the P.08 and P.38 mid war.

Anyone that might have a photo of these holsters....please post them.

Thanks,

David

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast