Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

SSch40 Wartime Helmet?? Post War?? Help Needed

Article about: Hello everyone!! "Is This A WW2 Helmet" : ) Here are some pics of a SSh-40 helmet I was thinking of purchasing for my collection or WW2 Soviet/Russian items. I know this is a very

?

Post war

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SSch40 Wartime Helmet?? Post War??  Help Needed
    P
    Many

Steve, I had a question similar to yours in dating my WWII period helmet. A member of this forum noted that chin straps were sewn to the bales until 1958 when metal fasteners came in. If this is correct, yours would be either post war or an earlier specimen refurbished at a later date. Sundowner

?

Hi,
    I got 2 soviet helmets, whitch have no visible marking, both are 194?. Are these wartime or postwar production?
    For easier orientacion I put the numbers on the photos.
    Number 1 has missing chinstrap and part of liner.
    Nuber 2 is complite and number 3 is typical postwar production dated 1951 for comparison of colours.

Thanks for help.
    Janko

SSch40 Wartime Helmet?? Post War??  Help Needed

Helmet #2 is a wartime Ssh-40, the white chinstrap is a typical feature. It was probably dated 44 or 45. Helmet #1 seems to be wartime as well based on the interior materials. The star is postwar, but the star colors and style are unique. Where was this helmet found??

Mike

?

Both helmets - Lysva wartime production . But a Red Star is homemade .

?

Thank you for your answers, helmet no.2 was bought in Austria on the local market. I don't know where it was found.

?

Quote by Janko View Post
    Thank you for your answers, helmet no.2 was bought in Austria on the local market. I don't know where it was found.
    I'm sorry, no.1 is from Austria, I did mistake in the previosly text.

?

Quote by Wesley's Dad View Post
    Nice helmet Dimas... I have a brother to it, but with the more typical liner material. Same date, same type chinstrap, same stamp.

This type is textbook IMHO for a 1944-1945 production helmet. The nearly white, natural colored chinstrap is typical.

I would disagree with some chinstrap absolutes suggested in this thread. Chinstrap width (web type) can vary from 17-18 to 20-22. I suspect Dimas' hemet is in the 18-20mm range. This is also where most Ssh-39 chinstraps fall. They were fairly standardized by 1941 in this regard at both LMZ and 3KO... (but I think the 3KO did not have a metal termination on it which is another topic altogether) However, it is possible to find1939 and 40 made Ssh-39 helmets with 22mm chinstraps. These are ususally fairly thin and lack any metal termination on the end.
    I think that all 20 and 20+ mm chinstraps - postwar.

I got in a helm a stamp and the last 2 nummers are 43, will this mean that the helmet is produced in 1943?
    There is no other marking left.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SSch40 Wartime Helmet?? Post War??  Help Needed  

?

Quote by Rikkert View Post
    I got in a helm a stamp and the last 2 nummers are 43, will this mean that the helmet is produced in 1943?
    There is no other marking left.
    No. This is just the batch number of the metal part.
    But the font corresponds to wartime production, or early post-war period

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast