Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

SSh-36 Paintjob

Article about: Colleagues, I've had this SSh-36 helmet for sometime now and it's paint job has always been bugging me. The guy I bought it from was a collector too and said it came from a shed in Suomussal

Default SSh-36 Paintjob

Colleagues,

I've had this SSh-36 helmet for sometime now and it's paint job has always been bugging me. The guy I bought it from was a collector too and said it came from a shed in Suomussalmi and the condition of the helmet is what I would expect from a barn find. Now, the paint job in this seems quite dark on the front part, but some areas and definitely the inside skirt seems to have evidence of lighter green strokes. Is this a field overcoat, am I just imagining things or has the helmet just been painted post war by someone who found it? All of your comments are welcome. You can see from the rivet holes, how the liner system has been deliberately been taken off. This was common during the Winter War and some sources say that they even did this already at the factories, so that the soldiers could wear something warm under the helmets. Also, note the scratches on front part of the helmets, as the other parts of the helmet don't have ones like that and they are rather deep. Could this be some work of corrosion or battle damage?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SSh-36 Paintjob   SSh-36 Paintjob  

SSh-36 Paintjob   SSh-36 Paintjob  

SSh-36 Paintjob   SSh-36 Paintjob  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SSh-36 Paintjob
    P
    Many

?

Seems original to me. The liner was removed due the wear with winter headgear
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Quote by Dimas View Post
    Seems original to me. The liner was removed due the wear with winter headgear
    Thank you. Yes, that is what I suspected and I attached a photo of the signs of removal of the rivets. Were there many tones for of paint for these helmets? I don't know if it is just wear, but I think that some helmets have a more dark/grey look to them.

Dom
    ?

Quote by Aleksander P View Post
    Were there many tones for of paint for these helmets? I don't know if it is just wear, but I think that some helmets have a more dark/grey look to them.
    Like yours and also Dark / green

Quote by Dom View Post
    Thanks for the info!

- - ------- - -

Quote by Dom View Post
    Thanks for the info!