Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

SSh-36 question

Article about: good evening gents ,ive recently found this referance picture dated 1939 taken in manchuria ,,my question is about the use of the helmet covers ,was this the first instance of aomeba pattern

Default SSh-36 question

good evening gents ,ive recently found this referance picture dated 1939 taken in manchuria ,,my question is about the use of the helmet covers ,was this the first instance of aomeba pattern being used in the field ,well i take it its aomeba ,i never even realised covers were used on this model , id appreciate your thoughts ,regards james SSh-36 questionSSh-36 questionSSh-36 question

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SSh-36 question
    P
    Many

Can't be sure mate but it looks like they may be painted!..
    No ignore the above i can see joints in the cover now!..

?

If it's the 1st instance i doubt. The Amoeba pattern was first issued in 1937/38. I know there were made covers for the Ssh39 and 40. These are made up of 4 quarters so to speak. Much like on the pics. I have actually made some repro's (for German helmets) by hand from original fabric so they could also be field made. Germans made them for their helmets from suits from Soviet POW's.

Regards, Lars

- - ------- - -

Quote by Gunny Hartmann View Post
    Can't be sure mate but it looks like they may be painted!..
    No mate. They are fabric

Cheers

Interesting photos James I've never seen ssh36s with neither covers or netting before.

btw. James you should try to get a Korean film called "My Way", lots of ssh36s in it

Cheers, Mads

Photo was taken at Kalkin Gol.

I put up a link to the original 1940 Soviet documentary film a few weeks ago. You can see the covers in use there.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

no worries paul i guess my photographs arent the best ,many thanks for the information lars and ive seen your handmade covers,very nice they are tooand ive learnt something new ,so made from pow soldiers uniforms ,ive often wondered how the germans aquired the cammo ,mads i was the same as you ,id never seen covers used on the 36 model before and sorry ade i wasnt aware of your recently posted link ,could you be so kind to show me the way please ,cheers james

Quote by James C View Post
    no worries paul i guess my photographs arent the best ,many thanks for the information lars and ive seen your handmade covers,very nice they are tooand ive learnt something new ,so made from pow soldiers uniforms ,ive often wondered how the germans aquired the cammo ,mads i was the same as you ,id never seen covers used on the 36 model before and sorry ade i wasnt aware of your recently posted link ,could you be so kind to show me the way please ,cheers james
    I need to start wearing my reading glasses mate!.... here's the link James https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/unifo...entary-348588/

cheers paul