Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

SSh-39/40 helmet

Article about: Can somebody tell me in which period the SSh-39 and the SSh-40 helmet exactly were produced?

Default SSh-39/40 helmet

Can somebody tell me in which period the SSh-39 and the SSh-40 helmet exactly were produced?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SSh-39/40 helmet
    P
    Many

Default Re: SSh-39/40 helmet

Hard to say.

No picture is present

This is where my question is about; wo2forum.nl • Toon onderwerp - Russische Ssh40 helm (1941) . The topic starter writes that this SSh-40 was manufactured at Leningrad in 1941. Looking at the stamp inside the helmet I think that the helmet was made at LMZ (Lysvinskiy Metallurgicheskiy Zavod).
    This is the first LMZ made SSh-40 helmet that I see which is 1941 dated. I always thought that the SSh-40 helmet was the successor of the SSh-39 and was taken into production after 1941. I read a lot of topics about SSh-39/40 helmets at this forum but I could not find a clear answer this.
    Is it acceptable to say that the SSh-39 was produced in the period of 1939-1941 and the SSh-40 between 1940-1960?

Dom
    ?

Quote by Asjemenou View Post
    Is it acceptable to say that the SSh-39 was produced in the period of 1939-1941 and the SSh-40 between 1940-1960?
    Yes quite acceptable. Although Ssh40 dated 1940 must be very rare now .

Looking at the stamp inside the helmet I think that the helmet was made at LMZ (Lysvinskiy Metallurgicheskiy Zavod)
    Correct Lysva factory .

Quote by Gibello View Post
    Thanks for the links Gibello. On the website about the SSh-39 (RUSO 39) it is supposed that the helmet should be made at LMZ in Leningrad (Leningrad Mashinostroytelniy Zavod or Leningrad Metallurgcheskiy Zavod).
    Looking at the stamp inside the helmet I think that the helmet was made at LMZ in Lysva (Lysvinskiy Metallurgicheskiy Zavod).
    Maybe this link about stamps of Soviet-Russian helmet producers can be interesting;
    Russian Helmets, by Clawson, rare civil defense .