Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

SSH-39 Confirmation

Article about: Hello, I just received a new Soviet helmet and I would like to confirm that everything is legit. Any input is greatly appreciated.

Default SSH-39 Confirmation

Hello,

I just received a new Soviet helmet and I would like to confirm that everything is legit. Any input is greatly appreciated.
    Attached Images Attached Images SSH-39 Confirmation  SSH-39 Confirmation  SSH-39 Confirmation  SSH-39 Confirmation  SSH-39 Confirmation  SSH-39 Confirmation  SSH-39 Confirmation 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SSH-39 Confirmation
    P
    Many

?

I hope it's good but it's hard to see the details on the small pics. One strange thing is the "1939". I have never seen a Ssh39 or '40 stamped like that. They usually only have "39", "40" and so on. I am not too sure about the liner sweat band. Wait for more opinions.

Cheers

Here are some larger photosSSH-39 ConfirmationSSH-39 ConfirmationSSH-39 Confirmation

Dom
    ?

Quote by Datrus View Post
    I hope it's good but it's hard to see the details on the small pics. One strange thing is the "1939". I have never seen a Ssh39 or '40 stamped like that. They usually only have "39", "40" and so on.

Cheers
    Lars ,

This type of marking is used only in 1939.

This helmet has been discussed here ; Ssh39 stamp opinions

Thanks for your reply Dom. Would you agree that this is in fact an authentic SSH-39?

?

Very interesting Dom. Thank you very much.

@Piranha. I guess the helmet is good but have some replacements as Dom say in the other thread he is linking to.

Cheers

I've read before that it was common for the liners to be removed from these helmets during the Winter War and then replaced later during WWII. Do you believe that this is the case for this example? I've supplied a picture in the other thread showing the inside rivet. Judging from what I can see within the helmet, there hasn't been any recent alterations to the inside.

?

The rivets look like a "Leningrad Blockade" helmet i used to have. Here is a link New Ssh-39 with Red Star

Regards, Lars

Dom
    ?

Quote by Piranha133 View Post
    I've read before that it was common for the liners to be removed from these helmets during the Winter War and then replaced later during WWII. Do you believe that this is the case for this example? I've supplied a picture in the other thread showing the inside rivet. Judging from what I can see within the helmet, there hasn't been any recent alterations to the inside.
    I believe also that the modification is old.
    Interesting helmet with a beautiful patina