Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Ssh 39 and Ssh 40

Article about: by Totenhead How does this one seem ?? Cheers I would have kept this one

Default Re: Ssh 39 and Ssh 40

Here are some quick photos of mine... Almost the same as Dom's with a 1950 date and the typical ""учебный" stamp. учебный = training, educational, instructional, etc...

Question for Dom... Does the shell of your helmet have anything that looks like manufacturing imperfection or damage?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Ssh 39 and Ssh 40   Ssh 39 and Ssh 40  

Ssh 39 and Ssh 40   Ssh 39 and Ssh 40  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Ssh 39 and Ssh 40
    P
    Many

?

Quote by Totenhead View Post
    Still, anyone with period pictures of Red Army Soldiers with Red Star on Helmet ???..........................
    Not yet with a soldier At 2:45 there is one on the battlefield. I never seen this type of star in WW2 before. Soviet Red Army WWII photos in color - YouTube

The star one my '40 i have so far only seen on Soviet WW2 planes used as marks for shot down enemy planes. At 3:23.

WW2 Soviet Airforce - YouTube

Regards, Lars

Dom
    ?

Quote by Wesley's Dad View Post

Question for Dom... Does the shell of your helmet have anything that looks like manufacturing imperfection or damage?
    The helmet is perfectly healthy, no defects .

Here is one... I will look for others as I know they exist. But what do you mean "period" ? Any period Ssh-39 photo or simply photos limited to use in the field/combat?

I believe this one is in Lithuania in 1940, notice not all have stars, of the visible helmet fronts, only the soldier whose head is above the flowers seems to have a star:
    Ssh 39 and Ssh 40

There are enough surviving examples to show that a fair number of Ssh-39 made 1939/1940 had factory stenciled stars. There is also enough surviving examples to show that the practice continued even on a limited bases into 1941. Actual combat use of steel helmet versus ceremonial use dictated the reducing numbers and eventual abolition of the factory stars over this time.

?

We have dug up 3 different types of Red star helmets over the years, but period pics of soldiers wearing them are scarce indeed.

Regards, Lars

Dom
    ?

This photo is interesting , the star is the same as Lars helmet .

Ssh 39 and Ssh 40

Source internet

?

Very interesting Dom. A good find Do you know where the pic was taken?

Regards, Lars

Dom
    ?

Quote by Datrus View Post
    Very interesting Dom. A good find Do you know where the pic was taken?

Regards, Lars
    Unfortunately no, probably after the war.

?

That would be my guess too. It looks like the Officer to the left is doing the "V" sign or Playboy Bunny But hard to tell when it's from. Thank you very much my friend!

Regards, Lars

Quote by Datrus View Post
    There are not many 1948 ones made. Don't know why.

Regards, Lars
    I had a 1948 date one

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast