Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ssh 40 help

Article about: here's a nice salty post war example i picked up from a great forum member on here aj4010 ,so thanks andy its ink stamped 1948 can anybody help identify the chinstrap fitted it has the split

Default Ssh 40 help

here's a nice salty post war example i picked up from a great forum member on here aj4010 ,so thanks andy its ink stamped 1948 can anybody help identify the chinstrap fitted it has the split pin terminations and is made of leather with a rolling buckle ive never come across this type before also the liner pads have had some sort of field repair using what looks like a jacket breast pocket also the batch number is 1 4302 would this make it ww2 period manufacture used post war ,thanks james Ssh 40 helpSsh 40 helpSsh 40 helpSsh 40 helpSsh 40 helpSsh 40 helpSsh 40 helpSsh 40 helpSsh 40 help
    Regards James

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Ssh 40 help
    P
    Many

Default Re: Ssh 40 help

That's got character!....

The rolling buckle looks very similar to the ones on the ends of Mosin Nagant rifle slings.

thanks for your thoughts gunny ,i was also thinking along those lines too
    Regards James

Hi James

Just checked the sling on my M38 Carbine, the leather is only 18mm wide, similar size to the sling on your PPsh, the leather looks wider on your helmet

thanks for taking the time to look martin
    Regards James

I like this lid James looks better than my ones,think its the aged patina look,congrats and nice one Andy

thanks jake ,i disagree though your ssh pairing are superb ,cherish them pal
    Regards James

Quote by col james View Post
    thanks jake ,i disagree though your ssh pairing are superb ,cherish them pal
    They are fine examples James I agree !

Dom
    ?

The chinstrap looks similar Ssh 60 and first 68 helmets .

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast