Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ssh 40 real or fake or non Russian copy?

Article about: Hey I just bought this "WWII Russian helmet" at an antique store for 40 bucks. I was thinking maybe a post war or a fake. It has the stamps but they are faded and hard to see. It a

Default Ssh 40 real or fake or non Russian copy?

Hey I just bought this "WWII Russian helmet" at an antique store for 40 bucks. I was thinking maybe a post war or a fake. It has the stamps but they are faded and hard to see. It also has the tiny stamped star under the hood too. The thing that is bothering me is the leather chin strap that has been torn. I thought all Russian ones have canvas straps except the Y strap ones. This helmet has only 2 rings for the strap not 4 like the Y strapped ones. Can anyone help?

Ssh 40 real or fake or non Russian copy?Ssh 40 real or fake or non Russian copy?Ssh 40 real or fake or non Russian copy?Ssh 40 real or fake or non Russian copy?Ssh 40 real or fake or non Russian copy?Ssh 40 real or fake or non Russian copy?Ssh 40 real or fake or non Russian copy?Ssh 40 real or fake or non Russian copy?Ssh 40 real or fake or non Russian copy?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Ssh 40 real or fake or non Russian copy?
    P
    Many

Oops is there a way to move this to the soviet section?

Quote by mstewart6698 View Post
    Oops is there a way to move this to the soviet section?
    Done it.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

Don't worry it will be moved by admin The helmet is not WW2 IMHO. I have no idea about the leather liner but i have never seen it in a WW2 Ssh40. The stamp is also not familiar to me and it looks like the helmet have been repainted recently. I am sure others will chime in too I am not an "expert" but i have a few Soviet WW2 lids and handled many.

Regards, Lars

I didn't think it was WWII :-P it definitely looks repainted too. The only ones I have seen with the liner are the post war y strap ones but this one only has 2 rings

Still haven't found any pics like this one :-( anyone know?

?

Darn it, even I knew that this paint wasn't from WW2, but too late.
    Looks like a post-war helmet used possibly by the Ukrainian army, most likely surplus/little used or at least painted not too long ago as the other guys above here said.

Yea I think its definitely a soviet satalite state helmet ( Ukraine, Romania, Hungary, etc. ) or its the real shell repainted with a fake liner because I have never seen a leather liner in a ssh 40 before. Any ideas?

Edit: the first picture is of the star that is stamped into the metal when the army "approves" the helmet.

The liner looks like liners I have seen in Polish, German, Swiss, and French helmets but never Ssh 40s.

The number on the back is 2 5203 and one of the stamps looks like it says CT 58. Anyone know what those mean?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast