Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

ssh 68

Article about: here's my ssh 68 ,dated 1990 and a p2 so a roomy size medium ,it really does tower over my other soviet helmets i can only imagine how big the p3 size is ,this style must be one of the last

Default ssh 68

here's my ssh 68 ,dated 1990 and a p2 so a roomy size medium ,it really does tower over my other soviet helmets i can only imagine how big the p3 size is ,this style must be one of the last before the 68m variant was issued , i believe that steel shell had a retrofitted aramid fibre liner and a more modern chinstrap harness doing away with the single leather strap as found on this one ,one thing i have noticed is the batch number stampings have been moved from the rear as found on the ssh 60 to the front rim ,something i never noticed before ,if anybody can enlighten me further on the numbers or ink stamps that would be great ,here you go ,jamesssh 68ssh 68ssh 68ssh 68ssh 68ssh 68ssh 68ssh 68

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement ssh 68
    P
    Many

i also would like to know what the 3 denotes before the red october ink stamp means please

?

Looks like once again I find myself saying,
    That's a Beauty!!!!!
    And In cherry condition.

Semper Fi
    Phil

thanks phil ,hey congrats on the raffle and speaking of soviet coneheads ,have you posted that east german conehead picture yet mate

Dom
    ?

Quote by James C View Post
    i also would like to know what the 3 denotes before the red october ink stamp means please
    Number of quality control

thanks once again for your help dom

James is there no Helmet out there safe from being inducted into the James c hall of fame!!!!!minty conehead indeed and a decent size I presume you know why the cone shape came about?thanks again matey for showing and have a good new year.

thanks jake ,im a real big fan of soviet helmets ,i quess this one could be classed as unissued judging by the overall condition ,ive seen referance pictures of winter hats worn under these im not sure if the ssh 60 had the room even though they share a similar liner system ,can i ask if santa brought you one of thoses hard to find tap mle51's ,all the best to you and your family for the new year too mate

Still looking James got a nice humble Wardens mk2 instead but luv the look of it,a present from the otherhalf. and your correct about the ssh68 for the winter cap to be worn underneath,I still believe your gonna need a bigger house sooner or later.....

Interesting, i've just read that the Ssh68 was made from a better metal called "Steel 15", the steel was also .2mm thicker at the front of the helmet!...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast