Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

ssh36 pickup

Article about: hi guys and gals my latest purchase unfortunately no liner but a good solid shell with some paint remenants i have lightly oiled the surface for now and it very nearly completes my soviet he

Default ssh36 pickup

hi guys and gals my latest purchase unfortunately no liner but a good solid shell with some paint remenants i have lightly oiled the surface for now and it very nearly completes my soviet helmet collection i will post better pics in daylight ,these darn winter nights enjoy james ssh36 pickupssh36 pickupssh36 pickupssh36 pickup

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement ssh36 pickup
    P
    Many

Default Re: ssh36 pickup

Very nice indeed, a lovely collection.

?

Nice grab. I have a complete one and a shell. Rich A. in Pa.
    1969 Shelby GT-500 King of the Road
    Knowledge is power, guard it well.

thanks for the compliments ,ive waited a long time to pick up an example i dont supose the design is to everybody taste but im really fond of it and it really stands out amongst the more basic shaped helmets i like the fact it has a small comb not unlike the french adrian ,can i ask if these have the small star punched into the underside of the front rim as the soviet models that followed had ,mine has surface corrosion and cant tell either way ,thanks james

Another stunner James! Since day one of looking at different helmets the Ssh36 has been on the top of my favorites list. Well save our pennies and pick a nice one up one of these days. Until then, we'll jsut have to enjoy view others such as yours. Congrats and the hard to find pick up, always a treat to see your new helmets.

Russ & Son

hi russ thanks for having a look i knew you'd appreciate her ,for some reason i thought you had one of these beauties but if one comes your way just go for it as there becomming hard on the ground to buy ,i think the design of the lid is a work of art ,the pictures i hurridly took dont do justice but come this weekend in daylight i will take better pics at least then i can see what ive purchased also thanks again james

?

James great helmet and display . Gary

Quote by col james View Post
    hi russ thanks for having a look i knew you'd appreciate her ,for some reason i thought you had one of these beauties but if one comes your way just go for it as there becomming hard on the ground to buy ,i think the design of the lid is a work of art ,the pictures i hurridly took dont do justice but come this weekend in daylight i will take better pics at least then i can see what ive purchased also thanks again james
    Sadly James, we've just not put aside pennies to pick one of these up, but we really do need to. I've looked at a couple, with nice liners, but again, they are bit pricy. Still need to pick up a Ssh39 as well, had one in my sights but members here saw a few peculiarities with it and gave it a thumbs down, so we walked away. They'll both come in time.

What we did just recently pick up was what I belive to be an Iraqi used Polish Wz-50, you or others may have seen it on eBay. The Wz-50 is not a hard one to find but a well worn one with Iraqi paint don't come by too often. Seems these were used prior to the Gulf wars and the introduction of the M-80. Should have by next week and will post.

Russ

your latest pickup sounds great russ i must of missed that one but yes i know exactly the polish example the iraqi's used so nice find

?

Only stamps on mine are in the back. Rich A. in Pa.
    1969 Shelby GT-500 King of the Road
    Knowledge is power, guard it well.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast