Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Ssh40 for opinion!!!!!

Article about: i also was following this one 170 quid wow the buyer was robbed ,robbed i tell you

Default Re: Ssh40 for opinion!!!!!

i also was following this one 170 quid wow the buyer was robbed ,robbed i tell you

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Ssh40 for opinion!!!!!
    P
    Many

Yep some poor sod has been ripped off big time.

i sent the seller a message this morning alas he never bothered to reply

I told ebay it was a fraudulent listing, they never bothered to reply either.

Strange people at ebay!!!!you notifiy them of something which is obviously not right,they do nothing yet as soon a german lid appears and the seller forgets to show all sides of that item they pull it?but lets be completely honest anyone considering purchasing off ebay should take extreme care in the first instance,just keep on learning your stuff and it does pay dividends,regards Dave.

This is quite funny actually, seeing people trying to act as experts. Well I am the person who actually bought this helmet for 170.01 to be more precise. I have no doubt whatsoever that this is a genuine piece. The line is intact, stamps are genuine and not restamped on a rust. I wish people had more time by physically checking the items prior giving their opinions. I am Russian myself been collecting soviet militaria since I was a kid and by the time managed to build the sense of spotting originals from fakes. But anyway great item, very pleased with it

?

Looking at the pics provided the stamp is surely stamped over a part of the helmet where the paint is peeling off. In my opinion the stamp is also not complete. The factory stamp should be a part of the left side of the stamp, which is not there. Stamps looking like this one, a divided square are normally rectangular with the factory stamp in the lower left part of the stamp. I have seen Ssh 40 helmets with a stamp like yours, but they also normally have yet another ink stamp on the right side. I can't see if it's present on this one. IMO the left lower corner is surely stamped on a part of the helmet where the paint have peeled off. The digit "2" in "42" also looks quite funky.

I can only speak for myself, but i am not trying to act like an "expert". I am giving my opinion on the pics provided. I will however consider the user "dom" to be more or less "expert" on Soviet gear. Here is what he wrote in case you have forgotten or overlooked it. "Postwar spider marking LMZ ( camouflaged under the two letters on the left".

It's quite funny actually how people buying fakes at times desperately try to make their bogus purchases WW2 period items. Furthermore the only kid here i see trying to promote himself as an "expert" is you..... Good luck with your next purchase.

Regards, Lars

hello bah ha well its really honest of you to say you bought this lid ,the problem is we would have to purchase the item so as to view in person as it were , we can only go off what we see from the pics ,i must admit i was really tempted to put a bid on this one also , ive got to ask do you think 170 pound is value for money on your purchase

Hi Baha as you obviously know your ssh40 lids,so you must know there true cost then?so either you have purchased the bargain of 2012,because there true value should be 2 or 3 times that amount of what you paid or you have the most expensive postwar helmet ever?p.s i started the thread as I personally have never seen stamp markings like these,and No im not an expert otherwise i wouldn't feel the need to ask the forum for opinions!!!!!!regards Dave.

?

A fake LMZ stamp not in use in 1944 and another Polish fake i think

Ssh40 for opinion!!!!!

LMZ stamp 1942

Ssh40 for opinion!!!!!

Regards, Lars

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast