Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Ssh40 for opinion!!!!!

Article about: i also was following this one 170 quid wow the buyer was robbed ,robbed i tell you

?

Default Re: Ssh40 for opinion!!!!!

baha300???

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Ssh40 for opinion!!!!!
    P
    Many

i wonder if we will hear from baha again ,what i would like to know is if he was watching this thread while the listing was active ,i would of had alarm bells ringing after reading our comments ,,its his money after all ,
    Last edited by James C; 12-07-2012 at 08:50 PM.

Hardly a seasoned pro is he?been a member for a year with only 5 posts,begs the question why bother joining WRF in the first place if there's nothing at all for him to learn as he obviously already knows it all,how i luv these type of individuals who give no input whatsoever then jump on us all saying were are all talking ....end of rant Regards Dave.

I do agree that 170 is a bargain, no doubt about this. But that's a beauty of internet auctions that some times you have bargains or people pay ridiculous money for some crap. It did happen to me before when I purchased some extremely rare soviet documents, when seller didn't even had a clue what he was selling. I still strongly believe it's original one, even after spending some detailed look under the magnifying glass I just can't see any discrepancies in terms of stamp being re-stamped and rust being repainted. You can't really put a 100% judge by analising photo's and then calling it fake, unless you have a magic crystal which I am sure moaning minnie does
    Last edited by baha300; 12-08-2012 at 01:09 PM.

Dom
    ?

Hello Baha

I've done a little work using Paint Net sorry but this type of tool is not familiar to me .

I do not claim to be an expert on the Soviet helmet but I have enough experience to recognize a stamp that has been modified.
    Furthermore liner and chinstrap are also postwar.
    In addition it is clear that the painting was diluted (in red rectangles) and partially covers the two letters.

If you're not convinced, I encourage you to request opinion of Russian collectors will certainly enlighten you.
    Attached Images Attached Images Ssh40 for opinion!!!!! 

dom your explanation makes sense ,so what we all thought was an ink stamp over rust was really ink stamp over original paint and then another coat of paint near to the stamps i see it now ,it is hard to judge from pics alone but its all we have to go on most of the time do you think this helmet had refitted liner post war but is genuine ww2 period issue?

Dom
    ?

Quote by col james View Post
    dom your explanation makes sense ,so what we all thought was an ink stamp over rust was really ink stamp over original paint and then another coat of paint near to the stamps i see it now ,it is hard to judge from pics alone but its all we have to go on most of the time do you think this helmet had refitted liner post war but is genuine ww2 period issue?
    For me this helmet is in a configuration refurbished LMZ 1948 / 1950 .

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3