Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Tank Crewmans Helmet

Article about: Hi All, I am reletively new to this forum as far as posting photos goes, I finally a year ago purchased a Soviet WW2 summer tank crewmans helmet from a vendor in Estonia. The one thing I can

Default Tank Crewmans Helmet

Hi All,

I am reletively new to this forum as far as posting photos goes, I finally a year ago purchased a Soviet WW2 summer tank crewmans helmet from a vendor in Estonia.

The one thing I cannot figure out is the numberd property tag in the helmet. Any clues?

Many thanks

Don S

Tank Crewmans HelmetTank Crewmans HelmetTank Crewmans HelmetTank Crewmans Helmet

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Tank Crewmans Helmet
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Tank Crewmans Helmet

I think that is a production serial number of some sort; Ade's also has one: Tankers helmet

Nitram

Have you checked behind the ear flaps?

Tank Crewmans Helmet

Hi Don, welcome to the forum!

Very nice example. As stated in the link to my helmet, it is a film studio tag.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Thank you Ade! I sincerely appreciate it.
    I had origonally thought that the tag was some sort of property issue number.

Joe T., I looked through the helmet thoroughly & aside from the tag , it is un marked.

I had origonally puchased it from a vendor in Estonia. Should I leave the tag in the helmet? Or would it be ok to remove? I have been collectign WW2 for only a very short time ( 5 years now) , & I am unsure of the standard collecting norms for WW2 . I have been a American Civil War Collector for 29 years and I am curious if some of the same standards apply to WW2 collecting.

I am looking forward to sharing more as I grow my collection.

Best to all

Don S.

Hi Don, leave the tag in place, as it is part of the history of the item.

Soviet film studios used vast amounts of wartime clothing for their post war films. It was one of the very few sources of good wartime uniform items. Without them, there would be even less out there. Most got used to destruction.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Hi Ade,

That is sound advice. Provenance is everything when it comes to a collectable

Thank you!

Best

Don S.