Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Ushanka? No idea what year/nationality

Article about: I bought this Ushanka about 30 years ago. its been siting in a drawer for most of that time. Since I've recently rediscovered my interest in collecting militaria I decided to get some exact

?

Default Ushanka? No idea what year/nationality

I bought this Ushanka about 30 years ago. its been siting in a drawer for most of that time. Since I've recently rediscovered my interest in collecting militaria I decided to get some exact details on it. If I remember corectly the star was added by me at the time I bought the hat. I am certain that it is post war but I can't seem to find its match in any of my research. It has a canvas body and the flap closes with snaps. It has a VERY faded ink sticker that seems to be three Cyrillic characters. One is the "Ya" character and another is a Cyrillic "B" (not the "V" sounding one). Any help is apppreciated. Thanks

Brian
    Attached Images Attached Images Ushanka? No idea what year/nationality  Ushanka? No idea what year/nationality  Ushanka? No idea what year/nationality  Ushanka? No idea what year/nationality 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Ushanka? No idea what year/nationality
    P
    Many

Default Re: Ushanka? No idea what year/nationality

I think it is a fabrication civil

I have one that is very similar to yours that is from the same time frame and still has the original tag on it. If you can find somebody to translate it for you it might give you a clue about yours.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Ushanka? No idea what year/nationality   Ushanka? No idea what year/nationality  

Ushanka? No idea what year/nationality   Ushanka? No idea what year/nationality  

?

I think the Ushanka on top looks to be MVD/МВД and the one posted below confirms this. They are a little different in construction, but it have a typical MVD appearance and color.

The red note says something like "Moscow fur fabrication works". It;s made in Kostromo region about 450 km from Moscow. The white note is indeed from MVD with size stamps year of manufacture( 1991 ) etc. MVD is troops of the ministry of internal affairs.

Regards, Lars

Thank you very much, that is very helpful!

?

Thank you both for the information. I appreciate it immensely.