Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Ushanka war time ?

Article about: Hello, Before I give my green light for this ushanka, can you tell me if everything's good about it ? For me it look good for wartime if you take a look at the paterns or the fabrics but som

Default Ushanka war time ?

Hello,

Before I give my green light for this ushanka, can you tell me if everything's good about it ?
    For me it look good for wartime if you take a look at the paterns or the fabrics but something is really original ... inside part is red !

That don't bother me much since I know soviet factories sometimes used what they had for production so ... you can see some original aspect of a production for every equipments or uniforms of the Red Army especially in early war period.

The seller told me it belonged to a veteran, he bought this Ushanka from the family with others ww2 items who belonged to him.
    I don't buy history (that we know can be modified easly even by pro) but an item so I could use your help for this one.

Ushanka war time ?Ushanka war time ?
    Ushanka war time ?
    Last edited by Focke Wulf 190; 01-22-2020 at 11:00 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Ushanka war time ?
    P
    Many

Hello FW 190,

Not good in my opinion. I never saw such interior pattern, the fur doesn't feel right to me and the star seems to be a postwar model. I think there are a few original showed on the forum, try to look at the pictures.

Just my 2 kopeks, let's hear also the opinion of others ;D

Best regards

Gabriele

I agree, doesn't have the look or feel of wartime to me either, I would have passed on this

Here is my moth eaten example

Winter M40 Ushanka

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Hello Gabriele and Woolgar,

Thanks for your help so far !
    He seem that i was right to ask before but to be honest I was really sure it was a ww2 model, I've already seen the threads about Ushankas and this one was good for me but ... seem not, I still have alot to learn apparently ... even the two lines pattern was right for wartime ... do you think it's a copy ?

I could not spend the money right now anyway, I have to calm myself on the militaria budget

if anyone want to say more about this go ahead always happy to learn more !

YouTube

Here is probably one of the best sources of info when looking at an ushanka to see if it is wartime or not. This video shows all the wartime (and postwar) liner patterns. I recommend his video to everyone.

What throws me off is the red liner.
    Also the top portion is not hemmed. The Soviets always hemmed the top using 2 different methods.

So the two lines pattern is good for wartime it's something at least, but you are all agree on this then ? Not a good Ushanka ?

Very weird liner indeed. Not one I've seen before and not textbook. If it is a good one I can't tell. A lot is possible but if this was possible?? Would be nice for a in-hands inspection.

?

I'm going to be controversial! I don't have a big problem with this one. The stitching on the crown doesn't entirely conform to regulations but the materials used on the lining and crown look acceptable; I'd want a better look at the fake fur personally. When considering colour, remember the huge variety of supply and also storage conditions.

Have a look at the linings of the telogreikas in this thread for example:

Identifying a telogreika jacket

Red/pink!