MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

USSR TsEPK cap labels

Article about: Alrighty so I've noticed that the Moscow TsEPK label on the underside of several visor caps are missing the date. When did the practice of adding the dates became "obsolete"? Was t

Default USSR TsEPK cap labels

Alrighty so I've noticed that the Moscow TsEPK label on the underside of several visor caps are missing the date.

When did the practice of adding the dates became "obsolete"? Was this already happening while the USSR was still standing, before 1991? Or only after it's fall?

I heard that if the cap is without a date, it means it's unissued. Though I've also heard that they stopped adding the dates during the late 80s. But then this...

Hmm...if it's true that they stopped adding the dates during the late 80s then I guess it wasn't something that was very consistent with each cap.

And what about the diamond TsEPK labels? I don't recall ever seeing these ones with the dates.

Anyone know anything about the datings of these? Mainly, does a missing date point out to a post-1991 produced cap? The undated TsEPK caps are really suspicious to me.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement USSR TsEPK cap labels
    P
    Many

Default Re: USSR TsEPK cap labels

For something like this, I would show it here: Uniforms, Hats and Insignia - The Soviet Military Awards Page Forum

There is a guy from Finland who I think is quite knowledgeable concerning this genre and may be able to enlighten you further.
    Non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam!