Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

vz-53 CCCP markings real or fake

Article about: Aloha from Hawaii Been browsing your site for some time now and have become a collector of eastern Bloc equipment. Recently I came across a Helmet marked Russian Ssh-40 helmet. When looking

Default vz-53 CCCP markings real or fake

Aloha from Hawaii

Been browsing your site for some time now and have become a collector of eastern Bloc equipment. Recently I came across a Helmet marked Russian Ssh-40 helmet. When looking for information I came across your site and found that it was not Russian but Czech. I ended up buying the helmet because I like the helmet and it only cost me $33. When I got the helmet this morning and looked at it I found CCCP markings (looks fake but I am not sure) the cross swords and 89 plus unidentified markings in that area.

Looking for any info regarding these markings. Mahalo

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement vz-53 CCCP markings real or fake
    P
    Many

Default Re: vz-53 CCCP markings real or fake

Hi, and welcome to the forum!

The "CCCP" markings are certainly bogus.

Cheers, Ade.

Thanks for the confirmation. I will be using this for airsoft anyways but will be on the hunt for an ssh-40. I have a ssh-68 and a North Vietnam helmet on the way. I have a fascination with helmets that started when I was a kid. I have a few m-1 helmets laying around in storage

I almost bought that helmet until I saw the fake markings

Quote by jasoncredible View Post
    I have a fascination with helmets that started when I was a kid. I have a few m-1 helmets laying around in storage
    This will be the death of you and your bank account, my friend.

If you are starting up a collection of helmets, I would say that German is the way to go.

Quote by ObKrieger View Post
    This will be the death of you and your bank account, my friend.

If you are starting up a collection of helmets, I would say that German is the way to go.
    I am only into combat helmets. Not really interested in parade helmets and anything before 1939. I play airsoft and that already is the death of my bank account lol. The German ww2 helmets seem to be popular and finding real helmets can be tough with so many fakes out there.. would like to get a hold of a NVA m56 (sorry if not the right term but info is hard for this helmet) is the only German helmet I am interested in right now. will keep browsing the helpful information on this forum to get a better understanding and thank you guys for the helpful information.

the East German M56 / 76 Stahlhelm

this is the last model without any external rivets, I have seen some with 1970 - 1971 dates, so I know these were actually in production before 1976

they are nice helmets, I have a first model and a couple of the late models, still pretty easy to get and inexpensive

E Germany M56/76 - Brendon's Helmets