Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Wartime Russian Pilotka

Article about: Hello everyone, What do you think of this Russian Pilotka? Is it wartime or post war? Your opinions are very welcome. Regards, George

Default Wartime Russian Pilotka

Hello everyone,

What do you think of this Russian Pilotka?
    Is it wartime or post war?
    Your opinions are very welcome.

Wartime Russian PilotkaWartime Russian PilotkaWartime Russian PilotkaWartime Russian Pilotka

Regards,

George

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Wartime Russian Pilotka
    P
    Many

I've seen it for sale on WAF and wanted to go for it but found out this morning it was on hold now. I am not experienced with these at all but wanted to take a gamble on it. I am curious to what the experts think.

Hi Marcel,

Thanks for your reply!
    I am also not experienced when it comes to these pilotka's, therefore I hope some experts here can give more clarity to its originality.

Regards,

George

So please if anyone is willing to give their opinion on the matter, it is most welcome!

?

Difficult to say as you can find examples in single and double diagonal cloth during and post war.

The lining casts doubt for me - is it blue/grey or khaki? Either is admissible but blue/grey is more usual. The sweat band also seems to be of the same cloth as the lining. I'd expect it to be faux leather or absent completely.

I'd ask for better pictures of the stamp and the star (the latter looks like it might be later aluminium with shallow enamel, but hard to tell).

Hello

The star seems to be 47

Bruno

So I received the pilotka today.

It seems to have a khaki lining and the sweatband is indeed made from the same cloth as the lining, so I guess it is absent completely.

Here are some close up pics from the star and stamp:

Wartime Russian PilotkaWartime Russian Pilotka

What do you guys think? I certainly have my doubts about this one...

Inside looks a bit too mint I'd expect some yellowing on the cotton stitching. Also if those are rust stains on the front then shouldn't there be corrosion evident on the star? Looks to me like a 60s-70s pilotka that has been artificially weathered.

I have consulted to friend who is collecting soviets for a lot of years.
    Star is postwar. Hat is replica made of old material.
    Also about corrosion on star. Funny. They are not made of iron to be corroded.
    About yellowing of material. They are mint sometimes and sometimes bad. Mint doesn't mean bad and also hard used item could be fake. Never ever judge items based on "too new" or "nice old" condition. This is childish.

Dom
    ?

As Bruno says, the star is post war and I am not convinced by this example of Pilotka.

I am not experienced at all with these so perhaps this is a dumb question: but did these octagonal shaped stamps exist during the war? I thought they were always rectangular apart from the early oval shaped stamps. Looking forward to learn more on this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast