Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

What do I have?

Article about: I bought this Russian helmet last year. I'm not sure if its ww2 (which i doubt) or where it is from. I bought this from a disabled Vietnam veteran for 20\\$ knowing it wasn't from WW2 (even th

Default What do I have?

I bought this Russian helmet last year. I'm not sure if its ww2 (which i doubt) or where it is from. I bought this from a disabled Vietnam veteran for 20$ knowing it wasn't from WW2 (even though he insisted it was) but i just couldn't not buy it from him. So if there is anything you guys could tell me about it, it would be very much appreciated!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture What do I have?   What do I have?  

What do I have?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement What do I have?
    P
    Many

Default Re: What do I have?

Hello,

Not soviet helmet.
    Polish?, Hungary?

Marc

Thank you, I will start to do more research on it. I will look up polish and Hungarian helmets.

Thanks again!

?

czech .............

I did some eesearch , M53 Czech helmet I think ...

it is a Czech m53

Thank you guys for the help! Now I know what it is

heres some more info, the Czech M53 helmet was exported in very large numbers to other countries, Egypt & middle east countries received a large supply of these

Ive also seen several Vietnam war bring backs that were Czech M53's, the North Vietnamese used lots of the Czech M53 helmets

3 NVA Steel Helmets (Battle Damaged) - Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums

check out these battle damaged helmets brought back form the Vietnam war, there is a Czech M53 with some battle damage

NVA Steel Helmets - Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums

What do I have?

Cool, i just bought one too, i thought that it was russian and felt ripped off when i learned that it was czech.. But i see that those helmet have seen quite some action too, that makes me feel better. Now i wonder if i should get an original russian one, or if this (still communist) clone is a worthy representative for the cold war... Any opinions on that ?

Quote by danhashman View Post
    Cool, i just bought one too, i thought that it was russian and felt ripped off when i learned that it was czech.. But i see that those helmet have seen quite some action too, that makes me feel better. Now i wonder if i should get an original russian one, or if this (still communist) clone is a worthy representative for the cold war... Any opinions on that ?
    the Czech helmet you just bought on ebay with green nylon straps is a very late manufacture model, too late for use in the Vietnam war, but could of been used in later conflicts in the middle east like in Iraq or Desert Storm

thats why I like the earlier models, they are more interesting because they could have been used in other wars like Vietnam, I collect Vietnam era, the late models are not as interesting because they are more common and made too late to have seen much action, so they are not as interesting to me

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast