thank you

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Winter helmet cap and pilotka - your opinions please
    P
    Many

Default Re: Winter helmet cap and pilotka - your opinions please

are they really this bad?

Your inquiry was posted less than twenty four hours ago. You need to have patience and allow the other members to reply. There are a lot less Soviet genre collectors than Third Reich collectors that reside here.

So, with that being said, in any case and in my opinion - both are OK.

Star on the pilotka is post 1947 made.
    Non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam!

Patience is truncated by the "Buy it Now"

Generally I agree with Richie's assessment. The pilotka is correct and the stamp is legitimate. The star would be the matter of contention, but an earlier star is an easy find and even easier replacement job. Richie do not take this as a challenge or disagreement, but my question to you stems from our recent conversation and other comments you have made about conversing with a collector and cap star enthusiast in Russia proper. Is there a sample card, order, or design specification that shows the angle of the point sides relative to each other, the size of the H/S and the diameter that is dated 1947? In this case, I suspect you are probably correct in your statement, but I have to admit that I find all but the obvious late cold war era cap stars very muddy water. It would be very helpful to the collecting community to bring such information to light if it exists.

Regarding the other item... technically this is not a winter helmet cap, but a piece of gas defense clothing. The stamp in this one looks legitimate, but this style of headgear is the type that was produced postwar. There is another version that lacks the elastic over the mouth etc. that is also wartime. Possibly both are wartime designs. These are often represented as winter headgear, and they do look the part. It is very possible they were utilized as winter headgear, but I have always been uncertain. I have never seen a wartime photo of such use, and a large percentage of these are impregnated with a rather smelly anti-gas agent. I am not saying they were not used in such a manner, and I would love to have that substantiated. They display well under helmets with other winter clothing because they look the part as I said above.

Quote by Wesley's Dad View Post
    : Richie do not take this as a challenge or disagreement, but my question to you stems from our recent conversation and other comments you have made about conversing with a collector and cap star enthusiast in Russia proper. Is there a sample card, order, or design specification that shows the angle of the point sides relative to each other, the size of the H/S and the diameter that is dated 1947? In this case, I suspect you are probably correct in your statement, but I have to admit that I find all but the obvious late cold war era cap stars very muddy water. It would be very helpful to the collecting community to bring such information to light if it exists.

Mike,

No problem at all. I have been meaning to make up something (for a few years now) identifying these stars along with some proper documentation to back up what I have been told.

I'll put something together about these pilotka stars in particular when I can. For starters, I'll get an email over to Denis Rodichev and see what he has to share.

thank you for your help, i had no idea the star was post war. looking forward to your star tutorial Richie!

Are you able to provide an accurate measurement of the star - in MM?

?

The star is really known as a different model of M 35 and was discussed on some of the Russian forums, the star has been accepted as a war time period, but I personally do not like this kind of stars for my collection.
    The hood is a underliner for rubber gas overal, was never used as the helmet underliner hood, as this is practically stinky and cold- practically garbadge for war time use. Even in the cold time most of the soldiers got the wool underliners. Just this stinky gas hoods salvaged trough the war, due not practical usage found for them
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics