MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

WWII Soviet Tanker Helm (Springtime variant??) 1943 dated (picture heavy)

Article about: Hi everyone. So, as I am guessing most of you as well have, I have a ‘bucket list’ of items I want to own in my collection, and one of them that’s high on the list is to purchase an original

Quote by Woolgar View Post
    Its looking good...have you bought it yet?

Don't loose it! If you dont buy it I will

Nick
    Thanks for your reply Nick. I will probably buy it today, but I think I can talk the seller down on price beforehand

Do you think this is an early model? I heard that white stamps are rare on these tanker helmets. I believe it is a mid-war example.

Regards, Nikita.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement WWII Soviet Tanker Helm (Springtime variant??) 1943 dated (picture heavy)
    P
    Many

I can now happily say that I have sealed the deal on this helmet. I managed to talk the seller down $25 USD, which may not be much but I suppose any amount lower is great. I will post pictures of it when it arrives. 2019 has been by far the best year for collecting helmets for me, and I finally have one of my dream items crossed off the list!

Regards, Nikita.
    Last edited by PapaStalin1943; 12-07-2019 at 06:22 PM. Reason: Spelling

Congrats!

Looking forward to seeing more pics

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

I too, look forward to seeing more pictures of the helmet..

It is supposed to come tomorrow. My captured early SSH-39 came in today, so I will have a lot to post!

Excellent

It just came in, but I am going to keep it outside in my garage for a few hours to air out the smell. Usually I don’t mind the smell of old helmets and whatnot, but my family said that it’s too much

Cigarette smoke?

Maybe. It is a very weird smell, perhaps it was stored in a wet place, because it smells almost like mold, although there is no mold anywhere on the helmet. Put it could very well be cigarette smoke from long ago...

Where are the photos?
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast