Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Attic find of belts and buckles.

Article about: I don't think I have posted these pictures before, but if I have please excuse me. About 20 years ago I got a call to go a property to see if there was any German kit there I wanted for my c

Default Attic find of belts and buckles.

I don't think I have posted these pictures before, but if I have please excuse me. About 20 years ago I got a call to go a property to see if there was any German kit there I wanted for my collection. I found shed loads of it literally. In the attic of the barn there was all sorts. At the far end I could see a wooden crate with a military look to it, the only problem was that the rafters were bare of floor boards at that point and it was a good 20 feet there and back. Anyway not put of, I edged along the rafters and retrieved the crate. It turned out to be British and was stencilled up for Force 135, the unit that came over and Liberated the Island of Jersey in May 1945. So not only was the crate of interest, I was dying to see what was inside. One opened I found it to be full of German belts and buckles. From memory there were 70 to 80 of them in total. Some in the photo look well past the sell by date, but with careful cleaning they all turned out remarkably well.
    The days of such finds are nearly all gone, I just hope I have not had my last.
    All the best from Jersey,
    D.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Attic find of belts and buckles.   Attic find of belts and buckles.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Attic find of belts and buckles.
    P
    Many

Wow D, what a find, I think i would have wet myself if I found that lot
    Ben

Ben, there was no time to wet myself. I filled my van 4 times with the kit I got on that call. Tiring but very rewarding.
    D

Lol good one D, dont blame you
    Ben

?

That is the kind of find we all dream about.

there is a saying about people like you,you fall in a bucket of s--t and come out sucking a t-t.LOL

Quote by harryamb2 View Post
    there is a saying about people like you,you fall in a bucket of s--t and come out sucking a t-t.LOL