Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

belt buckle hook mark S

Article about: who is the manufacturer? schmal & schulz?

?

P.S. Wilhelm Binders M.M. looks similar to early R.S.S. too.. IMHO.. any thoughts.. Just asking as I want a better understanding of the different makers and their association with others.. Not that we will ever know... But we can contrive a hypothesis though.. Gwar

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement belt buckle hook mark S
    P
    Many

?

Actually it is schmuk & shitz

?

SteveR.. Is that a real observation ? Please explain ..

?

Reminds me of a rare breed in Sayre, OK.. A Bull dog & a Shitzu... Called a B.S.
    Please, SteveR add something constructive to this thread or drive into the smoke.. In Okie language..
    No offense of course..GWAR...

Quote by Gwar View Post
    P.S. Wilhelm Binders M.M. looks similar to early R.S.S. too.. IMHO.. any thoughts.. Just asking as I want a better understanding of the different makers and their association with others.. Not that we will ever know... But we can contrive a hypothesis though.. Gwar
    Gwar Binder and Seiper marking both have the diamond shape but the marking is different
    Ben

?

Quote by Gwar View Post
    Guido.. That is a very interesting post.. It seems to me R.S.S. changed their logo several times from beginning to end... I was going on the Nash's theory of J.J. Stahl..
    Early buckles were IMHO Two Diamonds... Then R.S.S. any information will be appreciated not only by me but others on the forum... And your input as a collector... Any information will vastly enhance my outlook on future purchases. Thanks for the response.. I really look forward to any light you may shed on this quandry.. Gwar
    Gwar,
    Sieper changed their logo from time to time.
    The well known Sieper diamond logo bear the letters RSL wich are standing for Richard Sieper of Lüdenscheid. I don't know why they used sometimes two of these diamonds at the same time, but it stands also just for RSL. At about 1936 the sons of Richard Sieper joined the company and since that time the company was called Richard Sieper und Söhne -> R.S. & S.
    After the the war they used still the stylised "S" as you can see on the letter from 1954 and some years later they used SIKU wich means "Sieper Kunststoff". The SIKU logo (white lettering in a red circle) is the logo they use still nowadays on their toys. Hope this helps.
    I would say the Binder company has no connection to Sieper apart from the fact that they produced also buckles and had a similar logo in a diamond.
    Best,
    Guido

Good info that Guido, many thanks for the input
    Ben

?

Thanks Guido, I shall keep that in mind... Great information...Gwar

Dear Guido

I agree with the earlier comments from Ben - great input.

Another piece of this vast jigsaw puzzle put in place.

Regards,

David

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2