Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Bergbau

Article about: The postman dropped off three nice additions yesterday. First up is a National Mining Association buckle. Angola's book says these are 90mm but this one measures about 94mm x 48mm. Great loo

?

That is a spectacular buckle Kirby.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Bergbau
    P
    Many

anyone who can recommend a good book about buckles? i now understand i need one. then i might not need to say "i have never seen one before!" again.
    Stig
    ps! and yes, that is a great buckle.

i found this thread so i will start with one of these two.
    Stig
    Buckle Books

That design is truly one of the best from the TR in my opinion

And I have actually missed the thread about the Assmann catalog! So now I have something to do when the baby is asleep.

Stig: Good job I have the Peter Nash book and can recommend it, I will buy the newer Angolia when time is right.
    But like Ben stated in that thread, this forum have helped much more than my book.

?

Glad everyone seems to like it. I think it is a very unique buckle. The Assmann catalogue is a great reference for any TR collector not just buckles. I have used it to ID all sorts of metal items.
    Last edited by kirby; 07-01-2016 at 07:17 PM.

Quote by kirby View Post
    The postman dropped off three nice additions yesterday. First up is a National Mining Association buckle. Angola's book says these are 90mm but this one measures about 94mm x 48mm. Great looking eagle attached with three bent over pins. I sold off all my regular mining buckles but I have always wanted one of these unique buckles. A old buddy had one of the Mining stove pipe shakos with a huge eagle like this.
    Dear Kirby

Do you have the publication by Jürgen Bandau "Deutsche Koppelschlösser 1800-1945 (Patzwall 1990) ?

If not and if you have an interest in "Bergbau", send me an e-mail.

Regards and best wishes,

David

Default Bergbau or miner buckles.

Earlier version of the Bergbau (National Bureau of Mines) buckle.
    This buckle with the hammer and pick emblem (Schlägel und Eisen) was introduced in the early 1900’s and worn continuously through the 2nd World War. In the Mining Association (Bergbau) “Uniformen-Markt”, dated August 15, 1939, it was still specified to be worn.

Mining Association (Bergbau)
    The National Bureau of Mines – Prussian mining Adminstration Officials (Bergbauamte) was worn from 1934-1945. These were produced by Assmann & Söhne (item nr. 22039) as well as Röder & Cie. (item nr. 360)

Both buckles appear to have been produced by the same manufacturer.

Bergbau

Bergbau

Bergbau
    Last edited by Douglas; 09-20-2022 at 11:23 PM.

?

Couple of nice buckles. Here is a belt the has a half circle leather attached. It is called Ass Leather and I was told it was used on wooden slides in mines .
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Bergbau  

Quote by kirby View Post
    Couple of nice buckles. Here is a belt the has a half circle leather attached. It is called Ass Leather and I was told it was used on wooden slides in mines .
    Makes sense, I have been in the salt mines in Saltzberg, saw the wooden chutes
    Ben

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2