Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Black Brigade buckle

Article about: Hello, New to the forum. I may have picked up what I believe to be an original Black Brigade buckle. I have not yet photographed it but I will get a digital shot soon. It is marked Recht en

Default Black Brigade buckle

Hello, New to the forum. I may have picked up what I believe to be an original Black Brigade buckle. I have not yet photographed it but I will get a digital shot soon. It is marked Recht en Trouw and has a single sigrune. All I know about the organization is that it was a Dutch NS group in the Flanders area. Any help on authenticating will be appreciated. It does not have any paint finish left and apparently is steel judging by the rust/patina. Neil Hever

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Black Brigade buckle
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Black Brigade buckle

Hello Neil,

As far as I know there are only originals from nickel plated steel and zinc to find. Both the variations are two-piece constructions and not die stamped. However, we need images to give a definitive answer.
    BTW the rune must be a Wolfsangel and not a Sigrune.

This link will maybe help, you can observe both variations on this site:

http://www.military.be/web/en/index.htm

Regards,
    Guido
    Last edited by Guido; 02-24-2010 at 12:55 PM. Reason: mistake in information about material!

Guido, Many thanks. I believe the type in question is the two piece one posted at the web site you linked. I will take some digital shots and post them - most likely by the weekend. In the time I spent researching the web site you referenced did not show up - so thanks much for the link. Neil

Hi Neil, the pics you post will give you your answer
    Ben

I too look forward to seeing the pics....Have to mention that this particular buckle is HIGHLY reproduced so one always need be careful. I'll keep my fingers crossed that it's a good one!
    Rob

Hi folks, OK, I have decent photo. The buckle is a single piece type that must have had a silver finish at one time. I did not find any manufacture marks. Neil
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Black Brigade buckle  

I should have also asked for a picture of the back -that is even more important than a pic of the front in order to authenticate if original or not....sorry 'bout that....any chance at a pic of the back of the buckle?
    Rob

Hi folks, Back and side view of this buckle. Neil
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Black Brigade buckle   Black Brigade buckle  

Drat! Wehrmacht list says it is a fake. I was able to locate an old post on the subject after changing the title around a few times. Unless anyone on this forum says otherwise this item is a fake. The buckle in question looks old and it may be pretty old. I know a lot of this stuff was being manufactured in the 70s when I started collecting. And that stuff is now nearly 40 years old. Glad I did not commit the bucks to this piece. Neil

Neil, buckle is indeed a fake
    Ben