Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Buckle and Belt characteristics, originals & fakes

Article about: Hi all, I have been inspired to do this thread after a recently helping out a member. It is my plan to post pictures of differing buckles from early to late to help the novice/beginner buckl

Default Attaching buckle with no tab

How to attach buckle with no tab
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Buckle and Belt characteristics, originals & fakes   Buckle and Belt characteristics, originals & fakes  

Buckle and Belt characteristics, originals & fakes   Buckle and Belt characteristics, originals & fakes  

Ben

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Buckle and Belt characteristics, originals & fakes
    P
    Many

Default Re: Buckle and Belt characteristics, originals & fakes

Hi all, again here I have an example of a type 2 or 2nd pattern or late war EM belt, they have been called all these names but are one and the same. This example has an RB number for the makers mark 0/0485/0002, from what I can find it is the makers makers code for Jablunkau (Czech) I believe. The hook is marked D & C (Dransfeld & Co). If you look at the belt it has no tongue and the prongs go straight into the holes in the leather, note that the previous owner had to make two extra holes to make the belt smaller as he lost weight. In the next thread I will post pictures on how to attach a buckle with and without tab
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Buckle and Belt characteristics, originals & fakes   Buckle and Belt characteristics, originals & fakes  

Buckle and Belt characteristics, originals & fakes   Buckle and Belt characteristics, originals & fakes  

Ben

Default Attaching buckle with tab

How to attach a buckle with tab

Ben

Default Attaching buckle with no tab

How to attach buckle with no tab

Ben

Default KM Stamps

Hi guys, just wanted to post for example two types of Kriegs Marine stamps that can be found on leather support tabs and belts. The larger one of the two is not as common as the other smaller stamp but is perfectly genuine. There is yet another variant with a lager "M" on it, I do not have an example of that yet but i will post a pic as and when I come across one

Ben

Default Unit marked tabs and belts

Hi all, just another snippet of general information to help you newbies out there, leather support tabs and belts were sometimes marked with unit stamps, I have enclosed a pic of a matching tab and belt from the same unit,they have probably always ben together from issue. You will also see other markings on belt and tabs such as LBA, this is a Luftewaffe marking standing for "Luftewaffe Bekleidungsamt" or a RAD unit marked one with B.A.M written on it "Bekleidungsamt Munchen" It is believed that these were the units stores markings

Ben

Hi all, you may see these buckles around, they are original but post war West German army

Ben

With great thanks to Dave Holbrook I can show you a tropical web belt (as I dont have one) These have the exact same features as the type one EM belt but they are made from a webbing material and not leather. I never understood why the Germans made these, they never really went into anywhere tropical or were they trying to copy the British equipment to save on leather and maybe webbing was a little stronger? Who knows, just food for thought

Ben

You may see these buckles for sale advertised as German belt buckles, well yes in theory they are German but post war East German buckles, nothing to do with WW2 Germany so dont get caught out
    Attached Images Attached Images Buckle and Belt characteristics, originals & fakes  Buckle and Belt characteristics, originals & fakes 
    Last edited by Ben Evans; 06-18-2009 at 12:53 PM.
    Ben

?

Thanks Ben , great work !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast