Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Controversial buckles

Article about: Just thought to bump up a great month of very nice buckles.. My question is this.. ?? Are there many questionable WW 2 buckles that defy explanation as to maker or process of manufacturing ?

?

A teacher could have put it together but it isn't a buckle I would want in my collection. The two you just posted are interesting but I wouldn't want them unless they were super cheap. All the best Kirby

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Controversial buckles
    P
    Many

?

Quote by David North View Post
    That buckle is extraordinary.. From the back perspective it is definitely not "De-Nazified" as no Swaz is even remotely visible.. At a glance.. Would the "Extra" Baubles be a burden to put on a belt let alone the buckle.. And the time and cost to produce such an item in pre-war might have been a great idea.. but as supplies of materials as the war machine moved forward was this abandoned as not viable due to time constraints and
    commitments ?? G
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

The buckles avoid of the swastika upon the blade of the spade were a result of developing
    new RAD materials/items in about 1935, following the new design for the spade for the
    RAD-flag. It surely is not wartime.

In 1933-1934 all things were possible. This one can learn from manufacturers sales
    cataloques as in there it is said that practically every symbol or whatever could be soldered
    onto the box.

That there are so many NSBO variations from 1933 and 1934 is caused by the fact that no
    buckle was granted to be the official form (announcement in the RZM periodical). There is
    one which is semi-official. Shortly thereafter the double-claw came into being and buckles
    actually were not worn anymore (this was accordingly to as political leaders).

Quote by Wilhelm Saris View Post
    In 1933-1934 all things were possible. This one can learn from manufacturers sales catalogues as in there it is said that practically every symbol or whatever could be soldered onto the box
    I hold copies of admittedly only a selection of buckle manufacturers related literature and which includes the tantalising display of enigmatic emblems which are not only to this day unidentified, however almost defy imagination.

Having said that, not once have I seen a sales catalogue which displays a buckle as a stock item, which has for the box emblem, a rally or meeting badge. If their existence may be dignified by a period image, then my apologies in advance.

My advice is that if a collector stumbles across one of these Tagungsabzeichen themed horrors, regard it with extreme caution as more than likely it is a post 1945 fantasy.

Regards and best wishes,

David

?

Not sure if I would call it controversial but the NSFK officers buckle is interesting. A friend just bought this one and I told him he should get his money back. Searching the forums I never found a Overhoff that was considered original. His is the only one I see with the insignia attached with prongs. There are some threads with Assmann marked buckles that look the same as their 2nd pattern Luftwaffe. Some of these have gotten some positive reviews but not 100%. This is a buckle I don't care to add to my collection. To many fakes.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Controversial buckles   Controversial buckles  

Controversial buckles  

Hello,

in germany goes this as fake !
    Regards ,
    Markus

I'm searching for
    Buckles 3.Reich

special SA/NSKK/NSFK with maker marks

Link to my collection : http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/album.php?albumid=1175

?

Thanks Marcus. He's going to get a refund. This is from John Angolia's collection but that doesn't make it good.

Not a fan of that one Kirby, I would call it a bitser, made up of all sorts
    Ben

?

Thanks for another opinion. The first one one these I ever remember was at Manion's about 20-25 years ago. It was one on a brocade and sold for a high price. About 2-3 times what a SS brocade cost. After that they seem to start showing up frequently.

?

Here is an Assmann example that has been for sale for quite some time; the seller notes the buckle is 'controversial'.
    Attached Images Attached Images Controversial buckles  Controversial buckles 

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast