Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Dealer selling fakes

Article about: Hello, Do members care when a dealer sells fakes even after being told repeatedly it was a fake with proof and he sold it anyway ? Especially if they are a co sponsor of this Forum ? Thought

Quote by Gwar View Post
    Hello, Do members care when a dealer sells fakes even after being told repeatedly it was a fake with proof and he sold it anyway ? Especially if they are a co sponsor of this Forum ? Thoughts please.. G
    I called this dealer out myself over a fake Afrika Korps cuff title & a fake Einsatzgruppen armband that was proven fake by other members here. I emailed him twice explaining why they were fake along with photos of verified originals to compare his examples to as well links to the War Relics threads discussing his items. Do you think he would respond? No, of course not. Whenever I emailed him in the past regarding an order or potential order, he got right back to me. That tells me everything I need to know.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Dealer selling fakes
    P
    Many

Quote by captain20052019 View Post
    I called this dealer out myself over a fake Afrika Korps cuff title & a fake Einsatzgruppen armband that was proven fake by other members here. I emailed him twice explaining why they were fake along with photos of verified originals to compare his examples to as well links to the War Relics threads discussing his items. Do you think he would respond? No, of course not. Whenever I emailed him in the past regarding an order or potential order, he got right back to me. That tells me everything I need to know.
    Hi, well with mounting evidence like this he should be called out full stop, sponsor or not. I have no idea who it is, but it does not sound good. Leon.

I think we all have been burned on dealers with good reputations.. but why would they not listen when called out on fakes? Instead of having the trouble money back, returned items when the customer perhaps finds out that it was a bogus item they bought? Leaving them with a bad reputation...

I think it is just fair to expose who the dealers who sells fakes are, when they have been notified several times on an item, and do not take action..

Perhaps then they will learn their lesson, if people who they have dealt with starts buying their stuff elsewhere!

Why protect them? I see no reason for that, when they ignore advice from respected person's.

Just my opinion.

Best regards,
    Lt. Col
    Ullergaard

Must say I've only been burnt locally ! not many web sites I deal with! evilbay has worked for me

?

I sincerely hope that something comes of this thread..
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

Have the courage of your convictions, and name and shame him on here if there is so much evidence against him. Crooked dealers don't deserve protection from bad publicity.

The WRF prides itself on authenticity and no tolerance for junk.
    Its what we do here !

Anything less ..belongs elsewhere...but for sure ..every thread here has a bright light that shines down upon it..and nothing escapes the view of seasoned researchers and collectors.

Making mistakes is one thing and correcting it....knowing something is fake and trying to push it through here wont happen.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Just a little hint...
    Attached Images Attached Images Dealer selling fakes 

I would answer the question with a resounding yes I do care very much as such behaviour is a direct assault on the very heart of the pastime/hobby (for want of a better word) of any field of collecting;

Authenticity is a mainstay and without confidence in that we may as well just give up.

However, I think it is critical that one does not judge or "pick up stones" without knowing the facts.

I do not doubt for a moment what has been said so far and the picture evidence is pretty damning but without knowledge of the full facts one would be furthering an impression that could indeed be spurious itself. As I say I don't doubt the above account but that is a position based on my opinion rather than on evidence which is dangerous to both sides.

No dealer is perfect and the same is true of us all as collectors. That said, it is the way that a mistake is rectified or dealt with that is the true measure.

A reputation can be damaged justly or unjustly with equal effect. The difference is whether it is right.

The issue has been raised now in open forum so I feel it must be resolved in open forum or there will be a question over many dealers who have no connection to it.

Of course one can always argue that a buyer should know what he is buying but so should a dealer know what he is selling yet how many of us have not been caught out at some point even with years of experience?

Obviously, I am playing "The Devil's Advocate" here and personally I would see a crooked dealer "cast into the wilderness" with great satisfaction but let it be done before an open court and a jury of his peers.

I couldn't care less whether he is a sponsor of this forum. If he is bent then let it be known so we can clean house. If it is an error (I agree it doesn't look like it is an error) then let that be shown so that we all can see.

So let's hear the case for the defence shall we? If he chooses not to be heard then Q.E.D. perhaps?

Regards

Mark
    Last edited by Watchdog; 11-03-2019 at 03:12 PM.
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Jan
    ?

Quote by Ullergaard View Post
    Just a little hint...
    Thanks Ullergaard!

Best, Jan

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast