Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Display cases

Article about: by MilitariaCollector A nice looking display Ben, when I get some more items for my collection I will purchase some of these display cases, can't go wrong for £40 Junction 26 M1 so just up r

Default Re: Display cases

Quote by MilitariaCollector View Post
    A nice looking display Ben, when I get some more items for my collection I will purchase some of these display cases, can't go wrong for £40
    Junction 26 M1 so just up road from you
    Ben

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Display cases
    P
    Many

I love my detolf and I love it even more with the LED lights installed, Ben if you could somehow raise the back of the 2 middle glass shelves so they are at a sloping angle and figure out a way to secure the buckles on it you would be able to seem them better and it would look alot less empty, just a thought buddy.

I will have to have a play and see what I can do
    Ben

Very nice Ben!
    I think you should put the other one together, they look great in pairs. Also with the light that is available for them.
    No regrets.
    Ralph.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Display cases   Display cases  

Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Cheers Ralph, I am thinking of having one either side of the chimney breast, but will have a play around and see how they look
    Ben

Do these cases have fixed shelves, or can you add additional shelves? They do look rather empty unless helmets are being displayed.

My small room in basement has just enough space for one, but this Detolf is an all-important accessory for my WW2 era Polish things. I don’t know what I’d do without it.

There are many things that you can buy or make (like suspended shelves - see below) that help display more items and thus fill up the available space. A great place to check out is a supplier of countertop displays and risers such as those jewelers use. They have all sorts of small stands and other things to really help display your valuables. I’ve used these to good effect in maximizing the display potential of my Detolf:

Display cases
    Display cases

There's also this type available:

Display cases
    Display cases
    Display cases

Some have tried to convince me that less is more. Nonsense, I’m a collector – and more is more!

Cheers,
    Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Display cases   Display cases  

Last edited by A.J. Zawadzki; 03-22-2013 at 12:55 AM.
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

?

A nice looking display. I have four of them but I use them mostly for headgear and Steins and belt and buckle sets. I have never found a good way to display buckles. I may get inspired and start looking at some jewelry/watch display ideas. Thanks for posting.

You can have the best display in the world, but without great lighting you just have a display. I ran LED light strips trough my one and only case and the helmets just pop out. It really rings out the paint colors. I am going to run another strip behind the helmets to accent the front strip and really utilize the mirrored back. The bonus is the strips can be dimmed. I set the lights on low for a night light effect, and turn them all the way up when looking at the helmets or working in the case. I don't have any pics yet but it looks great.

You can add more shelves but you would have to get them custom made or buy extra detolfs, someone on here did it, they added 2 extra shelves by using some kind of clamp and screw set up to secure them, I bought some lucite risers like AJ shows, they work good for my caps and then you can put extra goodies underneath, and I must confess I stole ralphs idea of placing period portait photos in with my stuff, it really adds a nice personal touch. Great displays here btw.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast