Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Does this look like a genuine ww2 period german belt ?

Article about: The title says it all. I was offered this piece, it looks ok to me but i need you expert opinions before taking a decision. thank you, mike ps. price tag around 60euro.

?

Default Does this look like a genuine ww2 period german belt ?

The title says it all. I was offered this piece, it looks ok to me but i need you expert opinions before taking a decision. thank you, mike

ps. price tag around 60euro.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Does this look like a genuine ww2 period german belt ?   Does this look like a genuine ww2 period german belt ?  

Does this look like a genuine ww2 period german belt ?   Does this look like a genuine ww2 period german belt ?  

Does this look like a genuine ww2 period german belt ?   Does this look like a genuine ww2 period german belt ?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Does this look like a genuine ww2 period german belt ?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Does this look like a genuine ww2 period german belt ?

Original RAD issue belt. Looks like the leather tongue where the buckle would fit has been re-stitched.

Cheers, Ade.

?

Nice to find a marked RAD belt. It sould be easy to find a RAD buckle to match the condition. kirby
    Last edited by kirby; 06-09-2010 at 10:25 PM.

Nice original and marked belt
    Ben

?

well thank you guys for posting . i shall try to buy it for a smaller price because i am in a bad situation regarding my funds .

Good luck! It's a nicely marked RAD belt! Harder to find these with the RAD markings!
    Cheers!
    Rob

Default RAD strap

Mike

Indeed, an RAD "marked" strap, although not WW2 period (pre war actually). The stamped initials RAD are obvious, although the BA is an abbreviation for Bekleidungs Amt or clothing depot. There is usually Roman numerals and/or one or two letters after the BA to show the Arbeitsgau (by number or name or location) and then to top it all, the year that the strap was accepted by the RAD BA.

Good to see RAD stampings on a strap, however I agree with Ade and I do not think that the one you have shown is worth what you have stated.

Regards,

David

?

Default Re: RAD strap

Quote by David North View Post
    Mike

Indeed, an RAD "marked" strap, although not WW2 period (pre war actually). The stamped initials RAD are obvious, although the BA is an abbreviation for Bekleidungs Amt or clothing depot. There is usually Roman numerals and/or one or two letters after the BA to show the Arbeitsgau (by number or name or location) and then to top it all, the year that the strap was accepted by the RAD BA.

Good to see RAD stampings on a strap, however I agree with Ade and I do not think that the one you have shown is worth what you have stated.

Regards,

David
    first i would like to thank you for the extra details on this piece, and second, in your opinion, what would this piece be worth ?

TheCroatian
    ?

Nice Original belt, D-ring looks good too! As stated the leather adjustment tongue has been repaired at some point.

My est on value with the D-ring: $80ish?

Default RAD Strap

Mike

My advice is to ignore this strap. Great markings, however not great enough to justify or support the overall poor condition.

Regards,

David

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast